• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do i do about my chinchila rabbit

kappyann

New Kit
I have a 2 year old male chinchilla rabbit and a 7 year old female lop ear rabbit They had been together about 8 weeks and produced 3 beautiful babies,apparently it is his first litter.Since he has been seperated from her he has been sulking and not eating or drinking much and stays in the corner of the hutch sulking.Can anyone suggest anyway to cheer him up.

I would suggest getting him neutured :)
And once the female has raised the litter, i would get her spayed, then re- intorduce them on neutral territory and bond them. :D So they have each others company :) xx

Are you going to keep the litter? x

Isn't 7 years of age waaayyyyyy too old for a rabbit to be having babies?

I am wondering if this has been posted to wind people up?

age of rabbit

In answer to the age of my rabbits.My female lop that had babies is seven next spring,and when this litter i spoke about where 4 and a half weeks old she had another 5 and 1 dead,since then another has died.I have now got mother.3 five week old babies and 4 one week old babies in the same cage.

Gosh! I hope you've now seperated the male 'dad' bunny from the mum? :? Otherwise she'll be having more babies :( I really think he needs to be neutered

Please keep the male seperate. Poor bunny having 2 litters to deal with.

Why did you put the 2 rabbits together in thr first place? Did you want her to have babies?

Wow....7 years??? :shock:
I'm surprised she even got pregnant, let alone produced healthy kits.... If that was her first litter that was like...6 years too late.

Why has my message about my rabbits been reported i can now not use this site .Idont think this is very fair as I am just as comitted to my rabbits than most people are.I kept my babies because i wasnt going to send them somewhere else at xmas where they would probably be neglected.

Why has my message about my rabbits been reported i can now not use this site .Idont think this is very fair as I am just as comitted to my rabbits than most people are.I kept my babies because i wasnt going to send them somewhere else at xmas where they would probably be neglected.

lol, no... there was spam on your thread and someone reported it... admin must have deleted the spam reply :)

all I can say is, get your male castrated ASAP!!!!!

:shock:
how could you keep a male and female rabbit together from 8 weeks and not have 394034950 kits?!
Also 7 years is most definately too old to have babys, they should have a litter after 3 and then should be spayed

Im guessing this person wanted babies... he said 'they had been together about 8 weeks' :( :(

So basically you did intend to breed? :?

Its rather confusing. Esp if mum had 3wk old babies and 1wk old babies... how did she have them so close together?!?

I cannot believe you have let a 6yr old rabbit have not one but 2 litters:shock:, get the male done asap, and what you intend to do with the babies?

I agree with KayJ. Accidental litters are bad enough, but to deliberately breed a six year old rabbits is terrible. You are lucky she has even survived two births.

I hope you have your male neutered or kept seperate, and you will also need to seperate the babies by the age of ten weeks to avoid yet more litters.

All rabbit breeders good or bad wouldn't mate a 6yr old female rabbit as I am sure rabbits breeders on this forum would confirm:D.

I think it's been laid on quite thick enough by now. Can we let this thread die ? It's quite old and was only bumped by a spammer.

Back