• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

heartbreaking week.....we are closing

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
It is with deep regret that in the new year I shall be closing my rescue, this week i have lost 15 bunnies to cut a long story short we have had an outbreak of mucoid enteritus, sadly i have lost 9 out of the 10 babies i took in 2 weeks ago for this reason the competition will not be going ahead,
I have also lost other baby bunnies aswell, i have done everything humanly possible to disinfect, steam clean syringe feed and try to save the babies in my care only to of lost them,im completely and utterly drained with everything that has happened in the past week and just feel at this moment in time i cant carry on
I have had no physical help, and feel now completely on my own with everything so therefore i feel i am no longer able to carry on with the rescue i am quarrentining before any one asks and no one will be leaving my rescue untill i know this is completely over

anyone who has sent their donation for the competition and would like a refund please pm me and ill sort it
I have also put myself in financial difficulty which is a contributary factor as to why we are closing

I woiuld like to say a big thank you to those forum members who have supported eastbourne rabbit rescue in the past

and to 2 very special members off here who have emotionally supported me this week

we will be rehoming who we can and anyone left have a forever home with me

as i have said if anyone would like a refund please get in touch
many thanks
caroline xxxx

I don't know you, but sounds like you have done so much for rabbits over the years. What a heart breaking time for you. Don't know what to say. You've done your best.

Bless your heart, I'm so sorry this is happening. What a nightmare for you. I don't have anything useful to say but if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me.

Just wanted to add that some buns seem to be born with a predisposition to ME (those that get it in their babydom, I mean), so probably no matter what you did this would still have happened, wherever they were or whoever they were with, and they would probably have struggled more anywhere else, than they did with you.

I'm just really sorry for what you are going through.

x

Im so sorry. Had no idea you were having such an awful time. Hope you & your remaining buns pull through

Oh no Caroline I'm so sorry :cry: How awful. If I can be of any help (I dont know how but maybe making a flyer to put up at my vets to see if any potential adoptees come up) also I could help with bunny runs to rehome any round about here.
I'm so sorry. Maybe after a break you may feel differently? I cant imagine what heartbreak you must be going through right now. I hope it spreads no further and you dont lose anymore x x x

This must have been so hard for you but it is your decision and if you feel that you need to do this i'm sure everyone will support you. So sorry you have had to go through this

Caroline honey, I'm so sorry. I really feel for you. If you don't feel that you can carry on then that's a decision only you can make but I know you do so much for buns that to lose the rescue would be awful. You poor thing. I am sending lots and lots of love Caroline. You have my every sympathy. :cry: xxxxxxxxxx Please feel free to PM me if I can help. xxxxxx

Im so sorry caroline.what a terrible time you have had.I bet all the bunnies you have saved are thankfull to you.Im thinking of you and sending you a big hug

im sorry that you are closing :(

good luck with what ever the future brings im sure the bunny world will still benefit from your dedication to thier welfare even if you cant be a rescue anylonger xxxxxxx

I am so shocked to hear your news Caroline.

I am sorry that this has happened and can only try and imagine how you must be feeling.

I am sure that you have done everything in your power for the rabbits who have been in your care. I wish you were able to continue.

Bless you and hope you come through this tough time feeling stronger.

Helen

Caroline so sorry the update isn't a better one:cry:
I'm so sorry you have had to cope with this.and as has already been said..if it's mucoid enteritis..there was nothing you could have done.
Thinking of you and the rabbits

sorry things have been so rought this last week i think you are doing the best by the bunnys by closing at the moment and that is definatly no mean feat. well done for making the right decision it wouldnt be fair to keep taking mroe in with this outbreak. sending vibes to all the remaining bunnys xx

Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear you've had these heartbreaking things happen and feel that you just can't go on now :(

Please do take care of yourself and I'm sure all the bunnies you've rescued and helped along the way (including those who haven't pulled through - but for whom you have done everything you could) would say a big "thank you" to you if they could.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you
Xxxx

Running a rescue must be so draining even when things are going well nevermind when youre having a rough time,sorry you're having to go through this and I hope things get a bit better soon.

Oh honey I'm so sorry.
If you need a hand in any way let me know. I'm not too far away (I don't think) and I'll help in anyway I can.
Thinking of you
xxxx

Caroline I am so sorry you are going this very difficult & heartbreaking time. You should be proud of what you have achieved during your time, looking after & rescuing so many bunnies. You have been a lifesaver to many & I'm sure they are eternally grateful to you. Just wanted you to know you & your remaining bunnies are very much in my thoughts are this very difficult time, take care of yourself, Denise xxx

Sorry to butt in again with another post, but if it wasn't for you Caroline I wouldn't have my lovely boys who have brought me so much joy, and I'm sure all the other bunnies you have homed have brought happiness and joy to others.

Oh Caroline, Im so sorry, but please in your exhausted state, don't make such decisions, give yourself a few weeks to recover, then think it over again.

You have brought such joy to those you have rehomed your rabbits with and given such hope to those rabbits, large and small, young and old, it seems such a shame that this could end.

Big hugs, stay safe and look after yourself as well as those lovely bunnies.

Back