• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science recovery / critical care

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone know of anywhere local to me I could get either of these? Or could someone get some to me tomorrow? I wouldn't normally ask but at my wits end with liquorice. Help!

aww hun i thought Liquorice was getting better.I have some science recovery here but I would have to post it to you and It wont get there till Monday.If you have no joy let me know and I will send It to you.Sending vibes Liquorices way

You can buy it from your vets. Can you maybe buy some tomorrow? Can you also maybe slurry the normal pellets?

Just make a liquid feed by pouring boiling water over the pellets you use. Add some probiotics once its cooled and feed when luke warm.

Is Liquorice still poorly :?

I've got 2 packs of Science Recovery you'd be very welcome to but wouldn't have time to get it to you tomorrow.

I had a nightmare trying to syringe feed Rudy I was just stressing him. He was admitted at the vets because I just couldn't do it.

I also tried mashing Excel pellets and adding warm water, very similar to SR. The vets gave me baby food to feed him, that would be better than nothing.

I really hope you get something sorted soon.

They didn't have any at the vets. I will try get him some infacol tomorrow. Can I get it at the chemists? I will ask mum to pick some up on her way here, is there any special type?

Just make a liquid feed by pouring boiling water over the pellets you use. Add some probiotics once its cooled and feed when luke warm.

Is Liquorice still poorly :?

Yes he is still poorly. The mushed up pellets don't seem to want to go up the nozzle of the syringe very easily, so he is mainly getting water and an odd few fibres of SS. I have probiotics in the drinking water now, so will try adding some to the pellets!

Yes he is still poorly. The mushed up pellets don't seem to want to go up the nozzle of the syringe very easily, so he is mainly getting water and an odd few fibres of SS. I have probiotics in the drinking water now, so will try adding some to the pellets!

Thats how the recovery stuff is too,try cutting the end off the syringe,hope hes ok x

i use vegatable or frfuit baby foor for the youngest ages..check no dairy or milk products in it and that is fine too can be bought from most supermarkets works jsuta swell alternativly herbs such as parsely and corriander blended up into a paste or can use porridge oats with water warmed up good luck xx

They didn't have any at the vets. I will try get him some infacol tomorrow. Can I get it at the chemists? I will ask mum to pick some up on her way here, is there any special type?

you can get infacol in supermarkets hun.. its just for getting rid of gas in babies

Thanks you guys! I managed to get some apple & banana baby food, Most of the stuff had meat in it, and I was struggling to find anything at out local supermarket. I will have to try the bigger one and see if I can find just pureed veg.

Back