• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are you using heatpads yet

Ive never used them for my out door bunnies.My buns have free range of the shed at night now and when it gets really cold I put vet bed down for them to lie on

I've put Sootys in with her on cold nights already, but she is elderly and on her own so needs something snuggly. Well, I reckon she does don't know if she agrees!

my two in the hutch and run have one upstairs and one downstairs. not sure they are being used though but at least they are there if they need them!

Mine have thick fur, that's all they need. I have tried many things to make their hutch warmer, but they just ignore it and sit on the slabs in the run all night. The only time they sleep in the hutch it when it is very windy.

Yes, I started using mine a few days ago, and we have had frost on a couple of nights. Mint is free range in the playhouse at night, with his double hutch permanently open so he can come and go as he pleases. I have been putting the heat pad in his sleeping area upstairs in the hutch, under the hay. I don't know if he is using it or not to be honest......as I put it in there last thing late at night and then shut up the playhouse door for the night. I will spy on him one night and see if he uses it, I bet he doesn't as when I go down in the morning he is not in his bed compartment.

So glad this question has been asked, as i was about to ask it myself :D :D Great minds think alike?!? :D

I dug ours out of the pet cupboard today, and was going to start using them tonight especially for the current foster babies i have, but hubby said its a little early and it will get colder? :? Im not sure, i feel so sorry for them out there :(

Will be good to see what others think :) xXx

i dont own any heat pads tho am thinking about it.... is it only the snuggle safe that are available?that are safe?
dora anda rthur have thick winter coats adn thier hutch is filled up with thick layers of hay straw and blankets oh and newspaper they have covers over the hutch too to stop the cold chil in the wind and to keep the warmth in.

they just ignore it and sit on the slabs in the run all night

It was very cold here last night so I decided to brave the late night chill to give Storm & Mallow their heat pad. Were they snuggled up in the hutch trying to keep warm? No! they were both in the run lying on a ceramic tile I put in there for the times they want to lie on a cold, hard surface :lol:

they were both in the run lying on a ceramic tile I put in there for the times they want to lie on a cold, hard surface

They were proving to you what tough buns they are ! :D Good for them, sounds like they have a lovely thick winter coat and are strong and healthy.
I love the name Mallow, I wanted to use it for my dog but couldn't get the whole family to agree (we have to vote on these things)

We've been using ours for a bit now, i say using, i put it in i'm not sure if they actually go near it. Our two are only outside for another 4 weeks, when they come back from staying with holiday hutches in November they will be living in the dog crate indoors until mid April.

Back