• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding Advice

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hello Guys :wave:

I'm putting my three into boarding next week while we move house and get their new accomodation built.

bonded pair are in happy hutch and Angel is alone in a shed.

The boarding place have happy hutches which they use and the lady said they have just moved them inside so they keep warmer overnight.

This will affect my bonded pair as they are used to being outside and i don't want them to lose their winter coat, as their new accomodation in new house will be outdoor too. should i ask her to keep them outside?

also, with Angel being in a shed, will she have a winter coat (i'm useless :oops:) as i don't know whether to ask boarding place to put her outside too??

If she doesn't have a winter coat, and the boarding place puts her inside, how will she get on in new house's accomodation as it is outdoor?

worried now!! Please can anyone advise? :D

I don't think it matters if it's for a short period of time? Long as there's not heating belting out that makes them moult.

I have an outdoor foster at the min, & he will be coming in for a few days next week while he gets over his neuter.

thanks for replies. Think i will ask to keep them all inside then but with doors to place open to outside as much as poss, just not overnight.

I worry too much!! :lol:

Our hutches are all outside, but we do offer indoor boarding for those who want it (in limited numbers). For outdoor boarders at this time of year they get lots of extra bedding, rain covers and heat pads if really cold.

We have a heated part of the shed which is sectioned off for the bunnies and guineas who are in door ones, at present I have 2 chinchillas fighting to sit near the radiator ( they have a heated shed where they live) an unheated part which is for the buns who are out door buns.

Back