• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dozing Degu

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I'd share a couple of pics of my friend Michelles Degu (one of a pair, the girly).

Michelle is an Inspector for the RSPCA and she ended up rehoming a pair who'd been kept by an a**eh**e who fed them on rat nuggets, which resulted in them both developing cataracts. Degus can develop diabetes associated issues if not fed correctly :(

Degu Sunbathing.....sigh.....so relaxed :) xxx

Degu1.jpg

degu2.jpg

AH bless him having a snooze in the sun!!
I saw some of these in PaH the other day and they were very inquisative. They were also chewing everything in site and prob chewed through their accomodation by now!

AH bless him having a snooze in the sun!!
I saw some of these in PaH the other day and they were very inquisative. They were also chewing everything in site and prob chewed through their accomodation by now!

They need a metal cage and no plastic lol. Lots of wooden parrot toys are good for them, but they do destroy everything lol ;)

They need a metal cage and no plastic lol. Lots of wooden parrot toys are good for them, but they do destroy everything lol ;)

OUr local PaH has just had a refit and they were brand new cage things, made of laminated chip board (like cheap furniture).
They were so friendly though. Are they good pets?

OUr local PaH has just had a refit and they were brand new cage things, made of laminated chip board (like cheap furniture).
They were so friendly though. Are they good pets?

Eh? Not seen that.....wood won't last long lol ;)

They make amazing pets!! They like so much interaction and whenever you're around they want to be noticed. They chatter away like anything, which is cute. They do need to be in at least a pair....personally if I was getting them I would have a larger group.....amazing to watch !! :love:

id love to have some degu join our family, but i really dont have space for another huge cage

they beautiful :love::love::love::love::love:

sooo cute! i guess degus moult! might sound a silly question but i'd love a pet in the house but my boyfriend is allergic to moulting animal, hence why the bunnies are in the gearden:( i'd love a rat too!

My son desperatley wants some degus but he isn't old enough yet to take responsibility for them.... they are very cute though

Back