• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some "please don't chew your testicles" thoughts needed

chloaster

Warren Veteran
:roll: Jasper, Thumper and Conrad all went in for their ops last thursday - Jasper and Thumper are doing really well but Conrad is determined to eat anything that goes near his testicles! He has been re-stuck twice now and has been wearing a lampshade for a week. The poor lad hates it with a passion but I took it off the other day so he could have some relief and eat his breakfast and he went straight down and partially split one open again ...... :roll: Please can we have some "Please don't chew your testicle" thoughts towards Conrad -

Here's a pic of him - not a good one as I can't get a better one at the moment as he's sulking and turns his back on me everythime I go near him :(

CIMG0660-1.jpg

Have you put him back on metacam?

I must confess I laughed at your title. I hope he stops soon!

Okay, I had this problem w/ my bridge bun Goofball. They hated the cone, and in my case, the edge of the cone impacted her wound and it makes things worse. (I duct tape the cone edge w/ soft bandage)

I put a big patch of non-sterile pad on it. They are about 4 in. x 3 in.

I then put non-stick "green" painter tape around the pad, wrap around her fur on all for corners (cross diagonal). They are non stick, as long as you remove them once a day, it doesn't stick to her skin, not to mention I warp it around her fur.

The method works perfectly. The pad is so large, she can't dig thru the pad and touch the wound. And if 1 pad is not large enough, get a 2nd one. A big box of 100 is only like $15.

Now, supposedly, they said the wound needs to breathe, but it will still sealed w/ the pad and prevent you a case of infection.

Thanks! :lol:

Yes - he is on metacam and has some jel I can't remember the name of covering the glue - fortunately he has finished the Baytril as that gives him the squits and coupled with the lampshade ...... :mrgreen:

Now, supposedly, they said the wound needs to breathe, but it will still sealed w/ the pad and prevent you a case of infection.

Sorry - bit confused - is this kind of like a nappy around the actual wound? The jel I am using is supposed to seal it off to prevent infection but if there is a way of getting him out of the lampshade then I'm definately open to giving it a go. I have the vet wrap bandages that only stick to themselves?

Imagine a big white rectangular napkin covers the ENTIRE wounded area (sealed). You then put green tape cross diagonal or however way you want to seal it that the napkin doesn't fall off. Essentially that's the idea.

Goofball had her leg removed, so the wound was quite big. The non-sterile pad (napkin) you can buy at any drug store is big enough to cover the size of the wound of small testes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Oh Chloe.......that is so funny, the poor lad, here are some anti-chewing-my-own-ball-bags vibes!!

Some people use nappies on buns, for whatever reason, and cut a hole for the tail to pop through and to wee through. Would that be worth a shot? He would have to be supervised though because if he tried to eat any of the nappy it would be bad for him, but it might stop him chewing for a while.

You know the baby vests that popper underneath? Try one of those but leave it unpoppered. It should flap down between his front and back legs and get in the way of chewing without being as constricting as a lampshade.

Poor little love... he really is very cute and did look sad in his lampshade. I like tamsins plastic baby bib idea. the other thing I guess you could try would be a terry towling nappy although you'd need to get a couple as they'd proably get pee soaked :shock: I don't think that pampers would be a good idea as he'd probably eat those.

just loving the idea of chloe going to mothercare :)

This should cheer the litter bunster up

Did you hear about little Conrad
He is naughty, he really is bad
A lampshade he must wear
For his stitches he'll tear
Coz he's missing his nuts, oh how sad

Back