• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Four No More....

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I have a dilemma. My four bunnies get on fine together, there a little bit of chasing as soon as food comes out but apart from that they are fine, no scuffles or fights.

But my mum and dad have told me today that they have noticed pebbles is on her own more often that not, and that often the other three r snuggled together n she is sitting on her own watching them

The problem i have, is that Jelly and Domino get on SO well, and peanut, jelly n domino get on great as a three.

I cant take pebbles out on her own, so that means i have to take domino away from his mum and they have become so close :(:(

Mum thinks pebbles is lonely, i think i will have to put them in their original pairs when i go home next week

Hm, that's a tricky one. The thing is unless you're watching them all the time you can't really know for sure. As long as she's not being bullied, she might have just nominted herself as watch bun.

Puck often liked to sit alone in the group of 5, but she would also often snuggle with the others. I think she just liked being outside more than the others so would take it upon herself to be alone.

Aw pebbles.

I dont know what to suggest, is she still eating with them etc?

Im re-bonding my four at the moment. I noticed Toffee was on his own, only to realise him and Jack were having tiffs, the girls were in the middle.

Im now slowly increasing there space, so that they have to be together, seems to be working well too.

*hugs to gorgeous pebbles*

mum just thinks she is lonely, bcus sometimes she will try to go and sit with them but peanut 'runs' at her, he doesnt nip her, he just sniffs her n she runs away, n then she doesnt go back :(

so its a bit like hes warning her off.

They look gorgeous. Wish I had a foursome of rabbits. The little honey and white lop looks just like my new one Phoebe. I think if there isn't scrapping then there must be hope of success??

i think so, they might not be fighting but pebbles isnt happy by the sounds of it, ill go home next weekend n keep a close eye and then make a decision, i loved them being a group but if its not meant to be then never mind.

the only other thing i may try is changing their enviroment. when they r outside all day, pebbles snuggled with peanut and the others alllll the time, its only indoors, so maybe a change of enviroment could work. but if its not meant to be im okay with that

You might find doing some basic bonding strategies with them, so like taking them on a car journey, and then trying them in neutral territory might help. However, it does sound like she is effectively being bullied, so and I would think the likely outcome would be they would need to be separated into pairs again. I had to recently do this with my quad, and whilst it was sad for me, the buns are quite happy.

I agree w/ Jane. Many other forum members who try to bond more than 2 have encounter all sorts of problem. Some works out fine, but some don't. There is no reason to complicate things

Back