• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny trance??? is it ok??

ickle_pickle

New Kit
is it ok to bunny trance??
as in lay your ickle bunbun on their backs?

i read about this ages ago,on some info i was sent by "rabbit secrets"
i lay my ickle pickle on her back in my lap or on a bed/sofa/rug, and stroke her head
she seems to like it
but is it safe to do??
and for how long???
does anyone else do it???

I read it is not good for them if you do it for a long time but is OK if you do it quickly so you can inspeact a poorly toe etc. I read it lowers their blood pressure a lot and can be harmful but I may be wrong.

The trance response is a fear response, and so it is not good for them, and even if they appear to enjoy it, thats not the case. Some people use it to do things, I personally never use it on mine because I don't want them to go through that.

The trance response is a fear response, and so it is not good for them, and even if they appear to enjoy it, thats not the case. Some people use it to do things, I personally never use it on mine because I don't want them to go through that.

i agree.

You have to do it shortly for certain situations. I had to when I put cream on Molly's hocks. You should always be aware that they can jump up at any time, as it is a fear response, and so they will try to get out of that situation if they feel they can get away.

thanks!!!

i dont think i will be doing it again in a hurry!!!

it really bugs me, when you are lead to believe something like this is good for them!!!
the rabbit secrets, which i paid £10 i think, included things you never knew about bunnys, and secrets, and this was included saying it helps to calm them and that they enjoy it!!!

if it wasn't for you guys, i'd still be doing it to her!!! thinking she liked it!!!

i feel soooooooo horrible now for doing this to my baby bun,bun!!!:cry::(
i think the world of her!!!! and i have done this horrible thing to her!!!!

what kind of a mummy am i:evil:

dont feel horrible it is a useful secret to know i use it when doing bum checks or clipping arthurs back nails as he otherwise wont sit still and could injur himself generally i dont though for instanec would never hold my bun upside down for a long period of time or unless nessacery rabbits mostly prefer to come to you while you sit on the floor adn choose to be with you x

didn't know it was a fear thing :shock:

I don't use it, it never worked on Firefly, now I know why, he's not afraid of me, or much else actually :lol:

Back