• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binx back from the vets

MammaH

Alpha Buck
He has a splint on the inside of his back left leg and it's been all shaven apart from his foot (it looks like he's wearing a slipper) and his ear has been slightly shaven too (not 100% sure why that is)

I have to give him 0.25ml of baytril from a syringe
metacam
protexin bio lapis

im really upset he looks upset n he has sticky stuff all over his face n i've swabbed it off with luke warm boiled water n he just looks really bummed out :(

Aw bless him. His ear was probably done so he could have a drip or anaesthetic and it was too fluffy for them to see.

Hopefully he will bounce back soon. Some bribery of his favourite food wouldn't hurt.

i feel awful tho! i don't think he's my friend and he's got something stuck on his whiskers and hes refusing me to get it off...

And next week I was supposed to be going home for the weekend for my nana and grandads 50th wedding anniversary and my housemate was gonna watch him and make sure he was oki (from fri to sun mornin) but now i don't know what to do! If my mum comes and picks me up obviously I'll take him home with me but if not then I'll be stuck and I don't think they allow animals on trains :?

Ive taken allsort on the train

Transporting animals by train
Passengers may take with them, free of charge and subject to conditions below, dogs, cats and other small animals (maximum two per passenger) provided they do not endanger or inconvenience passengers or staff.

Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times unless contained in a basket.
Dogs without leads, cats, birds and small animals must be carried in an enclosed basket, cage or pet carrier. It must be rigid and not open (to prevent escape) and the animal able to stand and lie down in comfort.
Animals and containers must not occupy seats, otherwise a charge will be made.
Animals are not allowed in restaurant cars except for blind persons' guide dogs or deaf persons' assistance dogs, which may be allowed into the restaurant car at the Steward's discretion. However, every effort is made to serve meals at blind or deaf persons' seats within the normal seated accommodation.
Blind persons' guide dogs or deaf persons' assistance dogs are allowed on Sleeper services provided the blind or deaf person and dog are booked into single-cabin accommodation. The guide or assistance dog is conveyed free and no cleaning charge applied.
First ScotRail allows dogs to accompany able-bodied passengers in Sleeper services subject to a charge for a heavy duty clean, and the booking must be either Standard Class with two people travelling together, otherwise a Solo supplement is payable for exclusive use of a twin-berth cabin.
Booking for all dogs travelling in Sleepers should be made at least 48 hours in advance.
Byelaw 16 allows the train company to refuse carriage or entry to any animal. If a customer objects to the presence of an animal, the owner must move it to another part of the train or put it in a suitable container in the guard's van/luggage van where available.
When dogs are carried in the guard's van/luggage van (other than those in a container) they must be secured with collar and chain and properly muzzled.

taken from

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/passenger_services/luggage_animals.html

we used to take ralph on the train to scotland... they only thing id be worried about with a rabbit is the actual station noises... one time my train was delayed (i was goin south) and the other trains that stopped at the platform were making all thier horrible noises.. Ralph got so upset that i went home and didnt visit my mates afterall it wasnt worth ralphs stress

after that id never attempt to transport my rabbits by train i think theyd be too stressed by it all

Back