• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats wrong?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Have come home & Rhias tray is full of cecals & not much else. There are a lot of them, and the only other poops shes done are golden, but very tiny :? No change in diet, Is sat eating hay. Whats this about? Thanks X

sounds like she's eaten something rich or she getting to much pellets. have you given her anything different or more. don't worry if she was runny poos that would be worse but with the cecals her diet just needs to change.

sounds like she's eaten something rich or she getting to much pellets. have you given her anything different or more. don't worry if she was runny poos that would be worse but with the cecals her diet just needs to change.

She has a tum of steel anyway but she hasnt had anything different at all :? Her diet is as its been all her life. There are a real lot of ceac's :?

check her tomorrow and see what she does and she has done more again then reduce her pellets and veg and see if that helps. my buns would get the odd one thats not eaten. she's maybe just having a funny tummy.

Does she like hay? I'd feed her heaps of hay and nothing else and check how she is tomorrow.

I hope she feels better soon though :)

Does she like hay? I'd feed her heaps of hay and nothing else and check how she is tomorrow.

I hope she feels better soon though :)

Yep. Shes munching her hay as usual :) She does seem a bit off but not in a stasis-y kinda way. I'll see how she goes x

Have you purchased a new bag of food lately? Although we do not change what we buy and put in the food the manufactors do and can cause a lot of problems with our buns. We have 12 right now and the other week I bought the food here in IL rather then by my husbands work in WI it was the same brand and type just bought at a different place and I had 4 rabbits that would not touch it. 2 days later after them refusing to eat I had him pick it up by work and they went nuts eatting it. 2 of my other rabbits had loose stool from it.

I would reduce the amount of pellets you give to encourage more hay eating, particuarly as you have noted that some of her poos are smaller. It is often a sign that your buns gut is acting tempremental and you could go into stasis, by increasing the hay intake you may be able to avoid problems. You can also add some probiotics to the water to encourage the good bowel bacteria.

Well shes had four pellets last night & four this morning. Seems fine & dandy in herself, just been pottering round the garden. Poops are all firm now but still miniscule :?

Well shes had four pellets last night & four this morning. Seems fine & dandy in herself, just been pottering round the garden. Poops are all firm now but still miniscule :?

Alfie's were like that early in the week - tiny. He's barely eating hay, but munching on treats & pellets, & his poos are looking bigger now although still soft - but he's having a LOT of pellets. They were smallest poos I had ever seen:shock:

No advice for Rhia, but hope she feels better soon

Just been out to her & shes sat eating hay in her litter tray, but there are more cecals?! Wondering whether or not to get her down to the vets - ?? X

Back