• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have some 'get well after your op' Vibes please?

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
My little Nethie boy Smudge went in for 'HIS OP' (Man bit removal) today and I really feel for him. I hate doing it to them but it is for the best.

After 8 weeks we will look to bond him with my neutured and beautiful little Dutchie Bumble! And hopefully all will go well and they will live happily ever after (and pigs may well fly).

Does anyone have any bonding tips? They are indoor buns at the mo but next spring I will be getting them (hopefully) a playhouse and putting them out (if the bonding is successfull). I have never bonded before and want it to go well.

Thanks xxxx

Last edited:
ok herres my bonding tips
try a car ride in the same carrier they will often snuggle together.then put tehm in a small neutral area penned in put several piles of veg/treats /food so they canshoose and 2 water bowls. put toys in are fine but sometimes boxes/tunenels cause probs as the buns start to say its their own territory etc. try sqAUSHED BANANA OR PUREED APPLE TO INITIATE GROOMING(SQUIDGED ONTO BUNNY EARS.#/HEAD) HUMPING CHASING FUR PULLING ARE ALL NORMAL sorry caps lock got knocked... if they start to fight then seperate within the enclosure wear thick gloves adn have a water spray to hane or something noisy to turn on. they will likely take between2-5 days to bond and any increase in space should be done gradually any previously teritory for either bun should be nuetralised using white vinegar spray (99p in wilko) a larger area may cause scufles.

Back