• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

something is wrong :(

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
if anyone can shed some light. Alfie isn't well this morning. I have gone out there and his back legs seem really wobbly, he seems to run properly, but then he keeps trying to lay down. When he lays down if jumps back up again. And tries again. He is trying the litter tray and hiding away :( something is up. Its as if his legs are really uncomfy...

I would say this is clearly something very serious. This is not something the forum members here can fix. You need to see a vet ASAP

take hi mto the vet. try him wiht a little tomatoe juice and pinapple juice as some buns get like this with potassium or vit e diffich=iency. if eh hasnt already been pannacured i would stick him on a 28day course in case of ec. it could be neurological or could be muscle related too you need a vet advice urgently. xx

You'll have hopefully seen the vte by now, but not yet be home. How did it go? I hope they can help.

x

Hello just got back to work..
What a long morning..
They saw me at ten which is good..

They think he has a bit of an infection in his spine, which is making it tender to touch and lay/walk etc..

He has had an anti inflammatory injection and is on metacam for 5 days.. :)

Got to keep a close eye on him though and see what he is like in 2 days.

just a reminder, metacam should be taken with food. So make sure his stomach has something in there, 20 min. prior to give metacam

No actually they didnt give me antibiotics :S
Which is a bit odd, he said it could be an infection.. But thinks there is some slight swelling.

Said temp is normal so maybe thats why no antibiotics?

He said if bad in two days then take him back and they will treat him for a few things to be safe.

Back