• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit noises? Bonding experts?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Petra and Tommy are in process of been bonded, no fighting, fair amount of humping, abit of gromming and alot of flopping out.

Petra however is making noises each time Tommy approaches her, i can only describe it as similar to a guinea pig...anyone else experienced this. Is she warning him? As he hasnt mounted her since....

I have a feeling Petra is going to be boss, as tommy is like bowing down to her lol.

Both are eating and drinking.
Petra really doesnt seem interested lol!!! Us women for you!

when snowy adn dora did this they maded g.pig noises... when were worried or when they were excited.... unfortunatly i cant tell you which yours are doing its hard to know dora tended to do it more high pitched when she was worried adn then do more of a subtle squeaky gruumbling when excited... but thats the only rabbits iv heard do it so im not an expert. x

Tilly done this when i bonded her to bobby,she also thumped due to her being worried but they are brill together now,rick

Some rabbits are more vocal than other so maybe she is just talking to him?

They can use a variety of noises for similar things, so it's hard to say what exactly is happening without seeing the full body language and what happens. If it's not causing either of them any bother, then just let them get on with it :)

Back