• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does he hate me?. sorry bout long post im desperate!.

hiya all i think my boy hates me and his dad?.

my o/h made shauny a 2 level house out of a very large dog crate think bout aprox 2 weeks ago.

took shauny a while to get used to the top section (we call it his bedroom:), but he was fine with the bottom bit.

he went off his pellets for a few days, but wouldnt stop munchin on the hay (which ob isnt a problem, but he LOVES his pellets, so i did think it strange)

he has weed on the bed barr 1 night ever since (we did used to have a prob with this before he was neutered). hes always been a bit of a free spirit when it comes to weeing on the bed, but this is much worse.

he has also taken to staying in his ''bedroom'' pretty much all the time when we are in the room, and on occassion does come out for a smooth but before he settles with me he runs off flicking his feet at me.

please can somebody tell me whats going on, i feel ive lost him to his new house, kinda wishing that we hadnt got it/made it for him:shock:.
x

:wave: Can you tell us a little about what he was living in and how he was behaving before you built his new house?

pearl likes to sit up high... maybe hes just watching the world go by where he feels secure...:D:D

i never see these pair as they hide under the sofa more than they are out... kakky for the human but great for the buns...

as long as he is happy does it really matter that hes found a nice place to hide rather than feeling exposed in the middle of a room?

please can somebody tell me whats going on, i feel ive lost him to his new house, kinda wishing that we hadnt got it/made it for him

He'll get over it. When I made my buns their NIC cages they hardly ever left them but as with all new things the novelty wore off & they now run round the living room like they did before the NIC cages. Its good to know that theyre really happy withh their new homes:)

:wave: Can you tell us a little about what he was living in and how he was behaving before you built his new house?

:wave:

Shauny was living in a nero cage from pets at home (but he was never locked in) he had access to our bedroom 24/7.

He has always been an affectionate bunny, loving his smooths and kisses, and still does. But he spends most of his time in his ''bedroom''.
And he will wait for us to fall asleep before making an assult on the bed wr sleeping in:shock:.
x

pearl likes to sit up high... maybe hes just watching the world go by where he feels secure...:D:D

i never see these pair as they hide under the sofa more than they are out... kakky for the human but great for the buns...

as long as he is happy does it really matter that hes found a nice place to hide rather than feeling exposed in the middle of a room?

:D he def loves watchin us from his ''bedroom'', and from the top of the nero cage. Shauny has never been a bun that hides from me, he has always been my shadow, which is why im so concerned about his change in behaviour.

he was def not at any time ''exposed in the middle of a room'', and he has always had places to hide, our room is more like his room:lol::).
x

:D he def loves watchin us from his ''bedroom'', and from the top of the nero cage. Shauny has never been a bun that hides from me, he has always been my shadow, which is why im so concerned about his change in behaviour.

he was def not at any time ''exposed in the middle of a room'', and he has always had places to hide, our room is more like his room:lol::).
x

in that case two weeks isnt really a long time to adjust to a big change... hes probably a tiny bit unsettled and feels safe in his new pad :love::love::love:

Back