• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed Insulation

Rainbow66

New Kit
Hi Eveyone, :wave:

I'm thinking of buying The BillyOh Lincoln Tongue and Groove Apex shed to store all the bunnies food and toys. The website says that the walls are made from tongue and groove cladding and that this is better then the 'overlap' design. Not really understanding much about shed construction I was wondering if the shed would need insulating?

Also has anyone got one of these sheds and are they any good?

Thanks!!!

I have a Wendy House that is tongue and groove (which is better than overlap), I have insulated it with the silver stuff from B&Q which was on offer last year around this time. We then put ply over tht so they don't nibble at it. I also have a tubular heater on a timer in there to take the chill off during the very cold nights.

My sheds are T&G and have been insulated and overboarded like bunny babe.

Also have a look on ebay for the insulation as I bought a 50m roll of the double sided silver covered bubble wrap type for about £50 - a real bargain, and it did a 10x 8 shed and a 8 x 6 completely.

The insulation makes a big difference. When they wren't insulated their water bowls would freeze:cry:

Thank you for the replies but I only want to store the bunnies food and toys in the shed. (Hay, pellets, litter etc).

They already have a nice big converted dog kennel and run that is insulated.

I was just wondering if I needed to insulate the shed for storing the above. I'm a little worried about the hay being damaged.

:wave:

I think you'll be okay with the hay as farmers store them in huge open sided barns and it doesn't seem to harm the nutritional value. As long as it's dry as it will be, I would think it would be fine in an uninsulated shed.

Mine's in the spare wheelie bin.

Back