• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would love....

well hopefully after christmas i'll have the playhouse and run attached, and had wanted to get my girls husbuns. but they prob wouldn't want them coming over here. wouldn't be a fair journey on them. :(

It would be a long/stressful journey for them! But I agree they are lovely! There may well be restrictions on how far they will let them travel for welfare reasons and I guess it would be harder to do a home check! :(

i know. it's so hard over here not many buns are rescues. assisi is the only place that keep them and they don't have many, the rspca put them down after so many days.

yep they put dogs and cats down if they don't get owners within so many days, assisi has saved over 400 dogs from being put down. terrible or what!!! so hence i got my darlings from a friend who breeds.

yep they put dogs and cats down if they don't get owners within so many days, assisi has saved over 400 dogs from being put down. terrible or what!!! so hence i got my darlings from a friend who breeds.

I adopted to Springers from Ireland as one of them a 2days left before he was going to be PTS and the other was kicked out of a puppy farm because a Collie had got in with her:roll:

i know. it's so hard over here not many buns are rescues. assisi is the only place that keep them and they don't have many, the rspca put them down after so many days.

I foster for Lucy (walsall rspca) and i can assure you i dont know of any bunnies that have ever been put down, Lucy does her very best to find every bunny a home. Sandy has been with us for long time!! Nearly a year i think and she hasnt been put to sleep :) Lucy is still looking for a home for the poor girl. Not every RSPCA branch is the same :?

Im sure if you PM lucy she'll advise you :) Good luck, theyre gorgeous :love: xXx

Last edited:
I foster for Lucy (walsall rspca) and i can assure you i dont know of any bunnies that have ever been put down, Lucy does her very best to find every bunny a home. Sandy has been with us for long time!! Nearly a year i think and she hasnt been put to sleep :) Lucy is still looking for a home for the poor girl. Not every RSPCA branch is the same :?

Im sure if you PM lucy she'll advise you :) Good luck, theyre gorgeous :love: xXx

I think Ted & Petal are telling us what happens in Ireland not england/ wales

I think Ted & Petal are telling us what happens in Ireland not england/ wales

Oh :? I didnt mean to offend you Ted and Petal :) I got the impression you thought these babies were going to be pts if they didnt get a home soon :) Sorry to offend Kipper, though im sure Ted and Petal wouldve spoke up if i had offended :) xXx

Lol no no noone offended me, it's good to know that their not put to sleep. Kakj good on ya for giving those dogs a chance it's terrible over here. would love to open a rescue centre over here specially for small animals just don't have funds maybe some day. well i'll have a chat with hubby tonight about the bunnies and see what he says about the whole thing (it'll just be a plain nooo). they are so cute, was thinking about them last night.

Is there no way you could fly over? You'd have to check with the airline, but some will let you travel with small animals as hand luggage as long as they are in a suitable pet carrier. Or they used to anyway.

Another idea is look for a rabbit rescue in Scotland as the Stena HSS ferry only takes about 2 hours. It was the driving that killed us when we went to Belfast for Flynn - 5 hours just to Stranraer from Manchester. Good job he's a good traveller.

yeah i could go over as a foot passenger and bring them back over, just getting to my husband to agree, plus right now i don't have the greatest accomdation for them, they'd have to stay indoors till i get the playhouse which will be after christmas. if their still there by then i'll diff see i can get them, or if not them maybe i could adopt some other bunnies.

Good luck persuading the hubby! I've found a dutch that I love, but it's persuading my partner that Josie needs a hubby! x

I've never had to bond buns before so I've asked lots of questions on the adoption page for him! Do you know whether a nearly 1 year old buck (who is going to be neutered soon) could be bonded to my Josie, who is only 11 weeks old and a house bun? Obviously shes not spayed yet! She's very friendly :D

I so need the good luck by the way :lol:

aw hopefully it'll go well, i tried bonding ted and petal (both girls and where unspayed) and petal attacked ted leaving her having to get stitches. so i'd strongly adive getting your wee woman done. ted's going in on mon, so probably at the end november i'll try them again. really hope everything goes well for you. dutch buns are gorgeous. :love:

Back