• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone in Essex/southend area available to visit pet shop?

blinkwink

Warren Scout
Hello,
I live close to an industrial estate, and was told there is a pet shop there. So I thought great I'll go there for hay! Yippie.

But I got there and they have lots of animals housed in (do you remember your school days those little outdoors classroom type buildings?) well one of those. There is lots of pens full of birds, chickens , hamsters, guinea and buns.
1. Chickens have BIG bald patches
2.Guinea with mange housed with beautiful babie bunnies
3.Large rabbits in small cages.
4.Chickens coops dirty
5.lack of food

I didnt buy anything, but told him of the mange, he got very snooty so i left. I have been back twice and I cant see any improvement but I'm just not sure what is acceptable? Maybe someone could take a look, because he isn't taking any notice of my comments.

Is anyone close to Benfleet? Could you take a look?:cry:

molly2.jpg
benjy.jpg
merlin2.jpg
rubybath.jpg
Molly Kitten, Benjamin, Merlin, and beautiful Ruby....My Angels

If no one is available to visit then maybe contact the council and the RSPCA. Document everything down that you have seen too.

I would contact the RSPCA and the Pet Care Trust, maybe also someone from your local council (they should be able to tell you who is suitable), as it's someone from the local council who goes out on behalf of the pet care trust to inspect for whether or not they get their pet license. I'd imagine they would be interested, as someone is responsible for issuing their license and if they don't have a license, well they are in deep trouble!

Non of the conditions you listed are acceptable and it needs sorting asap!

Good luck :)

i think they will no its me :( thing is i havnt been back for like a week and a half my sister went on friday she says she doesnt like it, she left straight away.

molly2.jpg
benjy.jpg
merlin2.jpg
rubybath.jpg
Molly Kitten, Benjamin, Merlin, and beautiful Ruby....My Angels

To be honest if it's that bad I would imagine a lot of people leave in disgust! So it could more than likely be anyone. I can't see things improving in there in the time you've not visited, so I really would report it.

Please don't worry about them thinking it's you, they won't be informed who it was... I've reported loads of places ;) It's not done me any harm yet :lol:

Even if they know it's you they have no way to find you, and equally, it could actually be anyone. If you don't want them to know, deny it if they ask, but I don't see why they would though to be honest.

:idea: Sorry to double post, just thought... would your sister be comfortable reporting it as shes been too?

You're not being stupid, it's ok to be concerned about reporting a place (I know I was when I did it), but they won't in anyway know it's you.

It's not stupid at all! I'm probably a bit stupid because I just get a bee in my bonnet about these things and report people in a bit of an angry state. But I'm sure they won't place that it's you and they don't have your address. At the end of the day if they get in trouble (which they should) they only have themselves to blame.

Try not to worry x

i have just reported it and the lady inthe call centre was really nice! they are going to figure out the best way of dealing with it and call me with the outcome! :)

Well done :)

I did the same thing but never got a call back, but hopefully you will.

You did the right thing and should be very proud of yourself :)

Back