• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea making strange noise - URI?

louandjoe

Alpha Buck
Ronnie is occasionally making a strange quiet wheezey grunting noise, different to his normal squeek - he's not doing it all the time and doesn't look in pain, not squinting and is eating etc.

Is it worth giving him some baytril or should I take him straight to the vet? I know wheezing is a sign of URI.

It's one of the first signs of an URI and I would always say (just to be on the safe side) seek a vets advice. It's more than likely a baytril job but you never know! I'd keep him nice and warm too!

Lu :wave:

Thanks, we've spoken to the vets and they said to keep an eye on him and if he deteriorates at all, take him in. He's inside so he's warm and has a snuggle safe just to be sure.

He hasn't made anymore wheezy noises for a quite while now and is eating/pooping. It's gonna be a long night :shock:

Listen out for rattling noises in his chest if you hear any get him straight to the vets! It sounds positive that he's eating etc as normal :D! Guineas can be real worries! If he does end up on Baytril make sure you get him some probiotics too! :)

Back