• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my friend has told me to give up binx/I'm keeping him end of.

MammaH

Alpha Buck
she thinks that he's being a burden on me and that the hour every other day i take to clean out binx i could use for 'me' time and he's spending money that i could use on other things...

i've only had him for 5 weeks and the last thing i wanna do is give him up he's the one thing that makes me smile but she just thinks hes a financial burden to me...

i need advice please

Last edited:
ummm if you love him and hes not to much of a problem money wise then ummm normal awnser keep him it sounds liek you love him anyway

Get a new friend! Seriously explain how much he means to you. If he makes you happy then tell her to keep her opinions to herself.

Only do what YOU want to do. If you feel there are positives to having him, that the time you spend doing him things is positive for you, you enjoy having him, you can cope with him, and such, then look for a way to keep him. Maybe for Christmas ask for money to put towards him rather than presents, or maybe see if your parents can help you out with him financially.

Don't give him up just because someone else says you can.

When you got him did you realise how expensive he would be?

I had a bun at uni and he got me through it. That little guy kept me alive and even though I struggled with money I wouldn't have changed it for the world or given him up. He was absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me there.

Lots of peopel can't understand how I can spend so much time/money on my bunny - but it's like a hobby or a treat - some people enjoy going to the cinema and pay for that, some like buying loads of clothes - I love buying clothes too but Id rather spend money on Gregory cos he makes me happier than those things!

Lots of peopel can't understand how I can spend so much time/money on my bunny - but it's like a hobby or a treat - some people enjoy going to the cinema and pay for that, some like buying loads of clothes - I love buying clothes too but Id rather spend money on Gregory cos he makes me happier than those things!

I agree, I much rather love spending money on treats for the buns instead of going out with friends :wave:

People also thought it was weird that I asked for Hay Experts Vouchers for my birthday and for money towards the adoption fee for Twombly!

(PS this is my 1000th post!)

I agree, I much rather love spending money on treats for the buns instead of going out with friends :wave:

Im quite sad in that if im walking in a shop i get excited when i see things the buns will like and end up spending ALL my money on them.. with just enough to get back home!

But i love shopping for them and if anyone told me otherwise, i think id shop for new friends.

What a pathetic and self centred friend. Why, what would she spend the money and time on - beer and fags? :p

Tell her to get stuffed and next time she wants you to go somewhere, tell her you're washing your 'hare'. :lol: Or even better, give her a lecture about how much of a burden to her something she cares about in her life is.

what a great mate :shock::shock:

just ignore her she obviously hasnt discovered the joys of having pets is all and dont realise its not just about money when the rewards far outweigh any downsides to sharing your life with animals :D

nice friend :|

seriously, you gota just do what you want to do, don't let someone give you orders!

so what if he takes up your time? you love him and he is obviously a comfort to you and makes you happy.

i enjoy spending money on lily and looking after her because its rewarding and it makes me happy.

when we moved house i was really lonely til i got her and i would never give her up no matter how hard things got.

i think your friends just being petty, maybe shes jealous you have worth while things to spend your time and money on.

chin up hun and i hope binx gets on ok at the vets ( i saw your other thread)

happy vibes to you :) xxx

My friends dont understand me,and why i spend my money on my pets,but they are the ones watching jeremy kyle in their immaculate houses whilst I walk my dog in the beautiful countryside and plant weeds for my bunnys garden and tortoise,your bunny will love you no matter what,ditch the friend :wave:

i wouldnt listen to your mate hun, my mates all think im weird... seriously! because i have buns and spend so much money on them a few times ive cancelled nights out because the money went on vet bills.

you can split your time with work, social life, your time and spending time with your bun.

you've only had him weeks so you'll still be adjusting to the new routine.

When you got him did you realise how expensive he would be?

i knew exactly what i was getting myself into financially when I bought him but i didnt just buy him as a 'pet' i bought him as a companion and something to keep me smiling in times like this...

Money isn't an issue i can cope financially and his food and hay and treats are £5-6 extra on top of what ever i buy and other things i buy off ebay (his cage was £20) and I knew that if he'd have to go to the vets then I would have to pay for it, but I don't go out that much, I don't buy new clothes every other day I'm quite good with money considering.

She's made me feel worse she's supposed to be my best friend but she thinks 'telling it like it is' is gonna make me feel better and she thinks the truth is better than sugarcoating it...

i love binx i really do and i don't wanna give him up, my mum loves the sound of him (i hadnt told her about him until tonight because i thought she'd hit the roof) and i know if i ever got in trouble she would help me out but like i said i knew exactly what i was getting myself into when i got him in the 1st place...

i just wish people would understand, they just think its a joke because its a rabbit and obviously its not as important as a cat or a dog and it :censored: me off

Then you have absolutely not reason to give him up :) You are well aware of how to look after a bun and what it entails and if you want him, which you clearly do, then keep him.

I think your housemate is jealous that you have a new friend and dont' spend as much time with her, or something.

i don't actually see why you friend has anything to do with YOUR pet!!!??? :?

He's absolutely gorgeous and i don't think your friend is being much of a friend at all. I just can't get my head around what business it is of hers and why you're worried about listening to her! :shock:

I have to say I think I would tell your friend 'how it is without sugarcoating it'!!!! People think I'm some sort of nutter because we've got so many buns & 4 cats - to be honest I couldn't give a stuff about their opinions - because people who don't appreciate animals in my opinion have a very sad, self centred existence! They really do not know how rich they can make your life. My buns & cats have got me through some pretty tough times & I've also made some fantastic friends through my buns - some I know I will be friends with for life.

If you've got Binx as a companion, I think that's a very good reason for keeping him - but to be honest hun, you have to do what's right for you & not listen to what 'other' people think. Your opinion is the most important when it comes to Binx.

just spoke to ste on the phone and asked him what i should do and he said for me to make a list of good and bad(he knows already the good will weigh out the bad) but he said he's never seen me happier and when he came to stay he thought was was the funniest thing ever.

i know my friend is gonna be 'its your choice BUT I think that he's still too much of a burden.'
Obviously he's not well now and I'm so worried and I hope nothing bad happens tonight whilst hes at the vets and his legs oki but I have thought long and hard and he's not just my pet and I'm keeping him

Back