• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gregory's Teeth have gone!

Gregory has had all his front teeth removed today!

The bottom ones are gone and no roots left at all, the tiny teeth from the top are also gone, but teh top ones may need redoing as one of them wasn't there! n(Been no sign of it for a while)

The vet Xrayed to look at this invisible tooth and there was almost nothing of it, so hopefully it will not grow for a long while if at all.

He has eaten and pooed LOADS at the vets, and is now recovering behind the sofa and has had a shot of Metacam!

So fingers crossed that's teh last of the teeth saga - just hope petplan pay up now!

Vibes for a good recovery for Gregory !!
Do Pet Plan cover Rabbit Dental problems?

They do for some things - not burring them down, but more severe problems. The vets are confident as his medical history shows that I have had regular dentals and that it was them who advised me to do this as they were causing him other problems, rather than me choosing to do it because I couldn;t be bothered getting them burred regularly....

It will probably mean that he isn't covered for any further teeth related stuff, but as he has none that should be ok!

The vet has only charged me the excess so far!

Thanks for the vibes everyone! Feel better having seen him eat with my own eyes!

Pleased he is doing well, my Mack is having his out on Friday. I'll be interested to see if Pet Plan cough up because I was told that if a rabbit is registered with dental problems work on them becomes void as it's a 'pre-existing condition'.

This is one of the main reasons I don't have insurance for my 6, 3 have known dental history :(. Still the cost of getting them fixed is cheaper than insurance for 6 anyway!

Thank you all so much - apart from finding his porridge a little trickier to eat than before, he seems his normal self at the moment! No probs with his dry food whatsoever, and still not going anywhere near hay/readigrass!

awww poor little soul.. must be really strange for him.... how will he eat hay now? do you have to chop it up for him?

Awe poor little man! When I first discovered the wonderful world of rabbits Gregory's was one of the blogs I stumbled across he's a gorgeous little fellow so so I hope he soon feels better!

Ooh, how did you stumble upon his blog?! The power of the internet - I wonder how many naughty minions my bunny has!

Donna: It is a long while now since Gregory has eaten hay properly and I have tried everything! I wondered about the hay being too long so put out readigrass which is much shorter but only been near his hay rack to see if there was any SS hiding under there!

I'm hoping maybe when Twombly arrives and eats hay he might follow suit but I doubt it!

So going through tons of SS and lots of porridge oats will continue!

Squidgy says toofless bunnies are the best!
He had his incisors out about 5 years ago and hasn't looked back really. We chop his hay and veggies up, and he really likes grass!
Hope Gregory feels better soon.

Ooh, how did you stumble upon his blog?! The power of the internet - I wonder how many naughty minions my bunny has!

I can't really remember I was amazed to discover there was such a thing as a house rabbit and searched high and low on the Internet! The blogs had me in stitches.. think it helps being a Johnny Morris fan when I was younger! Anyway I was particularly drawn to Gregory because he looks so much like my friends rabbit Matilda. She also has very minxy moments... Matilda not my friend ha-ha! She will be devasted to hear he is betrothed!! I hope the bonding goes well and that Twombly treats him nicely after all his recent troubles!

Back