• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

re-bonding after an illness

caismeister

Alpha Buck
Boomer has successfully come through the stasis that she has been suffering from for the past week. The suspected EC which has given her a very slight head tilt has now improved she is now only on panacur for this. She had to be seperated from the 3 that she lives with so that i could monitor what she was eating and if she was pooping or not. I feel she is ready to go back with them but will they accept her back? They have never been apart before so was worried that they may fight

You'll have to go back to basics to rebond her, so on neutral territory, and completely neutralise the area they live if they seem to be a bit awkward about bonding. You might find a car journey sorts it out with no problems, but it might take a bit longer depending on the buns involved.

I currently have a pair of buns separated from my 9, as one of them is ill, & I didn't want him alone. I'm gonna leave it at least a month,maybe 2, but when I have re-bonded previously I have just done it on neutral territory for a couple of hours & then left 'em to it.

That said, before I've always had a dog crate in the bonded 9's room, but this time it's been necessary to keep Alfie in a heated room, so I'll have to re-introduce him to the cold slowly anyway.

It might never happen anyway - if he has a long-term illness (waiting for results) then I will just leave him & Polly as a pair.

Back