• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binx's right side of face slightly swolen pics - PLEASE HELP!

MammaH

Alpha Buck
I've just been to check on Binx and it looks like the right side of his face is slightly swolen I don't know how to check his teeth and he detests being picked up and I'm scared he'll bite me or I'll hurt him... Am just worried though is it the first sign of anything? He seems oki in himself still hopping around but it's the first time I've noticed it :cry:
PA210305.jpg

PA210306.jpg

PA210307.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Binx is gorgeous! I would pop him along to your vets to have his teeth checked out just to be safe. It's very difficult to tell how swollen his face is in the pics.

Is he still eating? Especially plenty of hay? Is he dribbling at all or wet under his chin? Also is he still pooing? These are things to watch out for, as they can be a sign of discomfort in his little mouth. It won't hurt to have him checked over & your vet can then give you any advice or treatment that they need to. Hope Binx will be ok, let us know how he goes on.

Oh Binx is gorgeous! I would pop him along to your vets to have his teeth checked out just to be safe. It's very difficult to tell how swollen his face is in the pics.

Is he still eating? Especially plenty of hay? Is he dribbling at all or wet under his chin? Also is he still pooing? These are things to watch out for, as they can be a sign of discomfort in his little mouth. It won't hurt to have him checked over & your vet can then give you any advice or treatment that they need to. Hope Binx will be ok, let us know how he goes on.

I'm taking him to the vets he seems fine in himself, he was snoozing in his cage when I came in and there are some fresh smelly poos in his cage and I put some more food in and hay and he's munching fine so I don't think he's in pain but i just want to be sure he's ok :(

I've just went to check and gave him a quick stroke and he's got a temperature I really dont know how this has happened I've been so careful with him :cry::cry:

Did you take his temp? What was it? If not, what makes you think he has a temperature?

I hope the vet appointment goes well, and I hope Binx is ok :)

Did you take his temp? What was it? If not, what makes you think he has a temperature?

I hope the vet appointment goes well, and I hope Binx is ok :)

He's very warm around the neck area and he's gone all sleepy and he's started to look slightly peaky. I'll keep u all posted on him

there was no apparent swelling but he made such a struggle because he's not used to being held he's really hurt his back leg and they've keeping him in for the night and gonna x ray tomorrow...

Hes an amazingly gorgeous looking bun. Why is he so afraid of being picked up? Glad his face is ok.. Maybe you should ask them to xray his teeth while theyre doing his leg

Mine just went to the vet for a similar swelling and he jumped right off the table! And he's quite used to being handled. Luckily he was ok cos it's high!

We're still no nearer to finding out what's wrong with him despite xrays and cutting him open and drugs.

Hope you find out what's wrong soon! He's gorgeous!!!:love:

He is gorgeous. :love::love: If they are knocking him out for X-ray on his leg, I too would recommend you get an X-ray of his teeth done.

If they're knocking him out for xray I'd make sure they check his teeth too esp his back one. Mine had a couple of sharp ones which made an ulcer in his mouth. They should also see if there's a cyst or anything from this also.

Back