• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Again!

capel

Warren Veteran
I'm beginning to wish I'd never written the article on rabbits and their care for our village mag:(
This is second call I've had about another pair of rabbits.Two beautiful bunnies about 6 months old, unneutered, unvaccinated in a totally inadequate Sage house hutch. The were assured that the hutch would be fine for the two rabbits:evil:. They've been told that both buns are males. I went up to have a look and take some photos with a view to putting them on RR. Here they are:
ERIC: He/she is a big beautiful himi type with red eyes. Lovely nature.
DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

And the other(name escapes me!) He/she is a lovely small fawn lop. Again, a lovely nature.
DSC00329.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

I had a quick look to see if they were definitely males, but there were no plums evident. It may well be that both are female, but I have stressed that they could be either or even a mix in which case they should be seperated sooner rather than later. It's a pity because there seems to be a very close bond at the moment. So here come some more sleepless nights worrying about other people's problems!:evil::(

Hilda, what gorgeous looking bunnies. You are starting them off on their journey, well done.

Hi Hilda I know its probably a pain but you ARE helping them. If you end up taking them and need help with anything like transporting them etc let me know I can always pop over

same old story..bought for children who have now lost interest, and the owner realises that the hutch is way too small. She wasn't too concerned initally as they normally have free range on a large patio during daylight hours but she has now had to go back to work and they are cooped up practically 24/7 mon-friday. I did wonder why she didn't just go and get a bigger hutch with attached run, but have learnt to bite my tongue and so keep lines of communication open and friendly. BUT I did noticed that there's a very young puppy in the house(still being housetrained)., and wonder if that's the main reason.Surely at 6 months those plums would have dropped by now. They really are very friendly bunnies.

capel: "Surely at 6 months those plums would have dropped by now"

They must be lady buns. My captain was so frisky by that age he was humping everything in sight, including myself, he had to be snipped. The plums would deffinately have dropped. Did you press just above the opening between their legs, if they are little boys something WILL pop out!

OMG I want them! :shock::cry::love: Poor buns they deserve so much better ... :evil:

An old school friend has just contacted me on FB tonight, same old story, got a puppy and now worried the dog will attack the rabbit and so the rabbit must go. The pup she has was taken from its mum at 6 weeks and I went ballastic at her for that. On the one hand though I want to get Stitch (the rabbit) off her. She has talked about breeding, which I ranted and raved in depth not to do... So I want to get him off her asap. Hilda , we need a plan! :shock:

You should open your own rescue, Hilda. :D
No, no no. I know I've the space but vet bills run up by Nia, Floss and Milly have been a wake up call for me. The stress of just "helping out" local people is bad enough and I take my hat off to all the rescues out there. I will help out by trying to rehome the rabbits for people but won't bring any rabbits here. I have offered to lend the woman a larger hutch and/or run for the time being. Of course if I saw any buns that were being badly neglected, or if I considered them to be in danger that would be a different story.:)

Back