• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you do when.....

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
You have a pair of bunnies one of whom is a getting a bit podgey.....shes a pig ,frankly,will eat anything.

Obviously, being a pair ,theyre fed together but she seems to get more than her share,anyone else encountered this ?....how do you get over it?...common sense says feed them seperately but thats not easy ,she'd just go and mop up whatever her partner left!

Last edited:
when you feed them use seperate food bowls and if either rabbit goes for the others bowl try holding it back. it will soon learn that it isint allowed to eat it. let us know how you go

it is alwasy very hard yo ucan try not feeding veg to the podgey bun and letting the other bun be hand fed the veg seperatly. regarding pellets two bowls is fine but you will need to feed in seperate areas to be able to monitor this whihc isnt always easy.. "chase" bun a bit around the garden and try adn get tehm to do a bit more excersies...most buns see chasing as a game tho dont do it if it frightens your bun.

it is alwasy very hard yo ucan try not feeding veg to the podgey bun and letting the other bun be hand fed the veg seperatly. regarding pellets two bowls is fine but you will need to feed in seperate areas to be able to monitor this whihc isnt always easy.. "chase" bun a bit around the garden and try adn get tehm to do a bit more excersies...most buns see chasing as a game tho dont do it if it frightens your bun.

Its Billy and Bonny ,my indoor buns,they go outside but not free range and really have more room to run than any of the outdoor buns cos they have freedom of the whole house.

Shes a bit nervous so I'd not really want to chase her andas for hand feeding veg,when I've done that she will steal them out of his mouth!...shes a moo honestly she is!

I've got a couple of pairs like this, and I'm ashamed to say that I over feed them so that they don't have to be split up. :oops:

I used to have to split Crunchie and Dixie twice a day for feeding when they were together (unfortunately Crunchie passed away in June :( ) because Crunchie could hoover food up in a matter of seconds, leaving poor Dixie with nothing to eat.

Back