• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone elses OH's help out with the buns?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
I think my OH is brillant.
He helps with costs, medication, feeding, cleaning, putting out in runs etc.
He helps decide on Garden and what would be best and work out where.
He builds shelfs and mesh doors, adjusts hutches, sheds, playhouses, runs if needed, adds bolts and locks etc etc..
By routine we both get up and feed, hay and water buns, clean litter trays and medication if needed, each and every morning.
He does this for me Tuesday and Thursday as im at Uni early.
He tolerates alot from me regarding the buns, as im really picky.
He also drove to Essex with me to collect Jasmine, which i thought was a big no no lol but he did it.
I think im lucky! :oops:

Shhhh though dont want him knowing lol! :lol:

Does anyone elses OH's help out like this?

xx

Last edited:
my OH fetches shavings / cat litter etc ...

he also does vets runs as i cant drive ...

he has been known to transport buns up to kayj on occasions ....i just let him think its his idea;)

and he will sometimes drive me to do homechecks .

ahhhh ... and also ...the biggy...he takes all the muckings out to the tip ..;)

he used to help clean out but wont do it now ...but he does do me the water bottles now and again . ;)

Yep..Rog adores the rabits. In fact, he's the reason why I'm a failed bunny fosterer..he falls in love with them and want to keep them all:lol: He loves doing bunny runs and has even come on a home check with me.

at times,

Bless him, we went and picked up a two tier hutch from about 30 minutes away... on foot, in a thunderstorm :shock:

And he didnt complain once :love:

he doesn't live with me, so that might be a bit unreasonable, but he has helped me with grooming once or twice! he also arranged the bunny run where i obtained my Thor, so i am grateful for that :)

My OH is a brilliant bunny daddy :D :D If I were to go away for the weekend I know they would be in perfectly safe hands. He shares all the bunny chores with me and helps with foster buns and homechecks! He's even an RU forum member!!! :D x

My OH had buns before I did, I just have to watch that he does not spoil them with treats they are not alowed :no: I swear he thinks I am trying to starve the buns but with Zaphod being larger it is important to watch his weight!

He is on the floor in the kitchen right now trying to get the foster bunnys to love him :love:

ste holds them at the vets, uncomplaining steps over the poop and hoovers it up a few times a week, he fills the hay and checks they are still eating for me with pellets or treats when im not there.

he refuses to touch the litter trays tho :lol::lol::lol:

Andy makes all there runs and nest boxes.He says he doesn't like bunnies but He cried all night when Bugsy died which shocked me as I have never seen him cry before

My OH had buns before I did, I just have to watch that he does not spoil them with treats they are not alowed :no: I swear he thinks I am trying to starve the buns but with Zaphod being larger it is important to watch his weight!

He is on the floor in the kitchen right now trying to get the foster bunnys to love him :love:

Mine does that too! He thinks I am being cruel by just giving them hay to eat through the day and I know when I'm out he sneaks them the odd raisin. He helps me out so much though, stands with me while I'm in the pet shops for hours trying to find a good new toy and sometimes he even looks with me :lol: I know he loves them just as much as I do, hes really pleased when Bella licks him.

well dont tell him as he thinks he doesnt do anything to ehlp but....
we split the costs generally so any costs for buns he inadvertantly helps to pay!
regarding hay etc he will drive me to go buy it or at least put petrol in the car so i can go myself later
he will put the buns to bed and feed them if im at work
gives arthur lots of cuddles.(when other people arent looking)
if he sees veg bargains he puts it in shopping trolly for the buns and often says do we need bunny veg(dont think he realises we share it with them its not something ibuy seperatly usually!!!)
he has fixed broken hutches and added bolts and locks to hutches when needed too....
pretty good for the man who didnt want pets!! :lol::lol::lol: he puts up with me bringin home fosters and other visiters while on bunny runs... and usually makes a big fuss of them too. the only thing he draws the line at is actually cleaning them out which i dont mind as they are my pets.

We have a joint bank account so we pay everything together. Buns are my babies though O/H have chosen 2 of them & agreed to me having another 2 (even though Id said 4 was my limit) as it is me that cleans them etc. She does get their evening veggies ready & will scoop up the poop that sometimes litter the carpet & of course loves to give them all cuddles & noserubs. She does the weekly shopping online & always ensures we have loads of spring greens carrots & mint (bunnies favs) My kids are wonderful because they stay up later than me so give all the buns their last feed (that way buns get to stay out of their cages longer) They also look after the buns when O/H & I go to visit her Dad

I pay for everything but OH loves the buns as much as me (well, almost!) and he cried when Boo was pts last Thurs :(

He feeds them for me and checks water, checks they're eating, checks the're gonna be warm enough etc.

He has built lots of accomodation for them and a hay rack etc - he loves it!! :lol:

When i took in some rescue buns he was a godsend with his DIY and i know that if ever a big vets bill came up which was urgently needed, that he would help me out if i was skint.

I love my OH :love:

Hubby is very good with helping out regarding the buns :) He helps me clean them as much as he can, and will feed/water, change litter for Ronnie every morning/evening whilst i do outdoor buns :roll:

When i have new foster buns in, he has to be the first to make friends with them :roll: Meg and Mog, my current foster babies are absolutely spoilt via him, he came home with a willow ball for them the other day and nothing for our own buns :shock: :roll:

However, if i was ill or had to go away i would trust him 100% with our own buns and the foster buns, i know he loves them all to bits :D :D

xXx (Think this is the first post ever ive spoke well of him :oops: :oops:) xXx

Back