• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stitch the one eyed bunny buck is coming to me!!! U/D PICS PG 2

vicki267

Mama Doe
Hi everyone, I'm rehoming the lovely little guy called Stitch who has been waiting for a patient forever home to call his own.

He has been living with bunlover after being adopted from a well known pet shop. They removed his eye surgically and no longer have his vet records, the sight in his "good" eye is still very poor so needs to be an indoor bun.

I'm hoping that once neutered he will bond with my other two and they will all be very happy together, if not he will remain downstairs in his dog crate.

I'm picking him up tomorrow morning so will be sure to post some piccies on wednesday of how he is settling in.

For now though here is a piccie of him:

bunny003.jpg

And his dog crate but missing his cardboard box:

Photo-0283-1.jpg

Photo-0282-1.jpg

Vicki

Last edited:
i know and he is very excited he has been hopping around the living room being a pest under my feet all evening he knows something exciting is happening.:)
i have got his food things ready for him to take and we can pack up his room when you get here! :) he is so loverly and has let me stroke him for ages tonight he is looking forward to even more atttention with you though he says his dog crate looks smart but he wants to hop around with you too so you can stroke him lots and he can get under your feet(his favourite) or lie around the house in general. he says he still doesnt get why he needs to do new turds before he can meet the other 2 as especially thinks kira looks very glossy and pretty,but i told him if he didnt then he wouldnt play so gently or share his toys. he says he will try and be good but dont be surprised if he munches all your cardboard boxes that he finds around as they are his favourite(will show you the remains of the jenga box when you get here!:roll:)

also big thanks to jackie who did the homecheck and for sarah j for offering and for hopefully taking pictures of all 3 in the near future! :)

I am so glad Stitch has found a forever home.:D
He is such a beautiful bun. :love:-he loves to be stroked.
He will love :love:his new crate and toys-especially any noisy ones like jingly toys. I'm sure he will like Kira if she is a glossy bun as he took a shine to Sooty when he visited me!lol
(I would like to have kept him myself if I could have)-I am so glad he has someone to permanently love him after such a poor start in life.
Thank you so much for taking him on-Sue (bunlovers mum):wave:

Just waiting for my mum to get to me then we are leaving :D

Lol I love hearing how bunnies tell us how they are feeling :lol:

He's already used to laminate so I'm sure he'll be running about as soon as he's recovered from his journey home.

He will be booked in for neuter as soon as I know he is settled (want him recovering in a home he knows), so I'm hoping within a week or two.

Will take lots of piccies and add them tomorrow :D

Well we settled him into his cage as soon as we got back at 13:30 today and have let him out to run around the kitchen and lounge for 15 mins about 5 times since.

He ate his dinner in the kitchen like a dog lol as he didn't want to go back into his cage to eat, he preferred sitting under Liam's feet whislt he was washing up :lol:

He has left plenty of poops lying about for us - I think he intends on setting up a treasure hunt for us :lol:

He has flopped out several times, runs around in circles like a mad bun and even managed to jump up the bottom stair :shock: (he doesn't normally jump).

He loves his cage, keeps running through his box and then chilling out on blankey.

I think he will settle really quickly so I intend to get him neutered sooner rather than later, so depending on how he is tomorrow I'll call the vets :oops:

Pics to follow tomorrow :D

P.S Thanks to bunlover, Jackie and SJ for helping out.

Yay, I'm glad the little cutie has found a home; it sounds like he's settling in fabulously already. :D

can't wait to see pics.
I must admit I wouldv liked to keep him myself as I fell in love with him- but I know my daughter bunlover is right that it wasn't the right home for him here and so glad he has found his forever home.
such a lovely bunster- he deserves to be happy afer his poor start in life.
I'm sure you will enjoy one anothers company. Thank you for taking him -Sue:wave:

Well we settled him into his cage as soon as we got back at 13:30 today and have let him out to run around the kitchen and lounge for 15 mins about 5 times since.

He ate his dinner in the kitchen like a dog lol as he didn't want to go back into his cage to eat, he preferred sitting under Liam's feet whislt he was washing up :lol:

He has left plenty of poops lying about for us - I think he intends on setting up a treasure hunt for us :lol:

He has flopped out several times, runs around in circles like a mad bun and even managed to jump up the bottom stair :shock: (he doesn't normally jump).

He loves his cage, keeps running through his box and then chilling out on blankey.

I think he will settle really quickly so I intend to get him neutered sooner rather than later, so depending on how he is tomorrow I'll call the vets :oops:

Pics to follow tomorrow :D

P.S Thanks to bunlover, Jackie and SJ for helping out.

lol hopefully with settling in and the neuter he will stop the treasure hunt. the running in circles i warned you about as he gets excited! aww bout him eating like a dog..thats his personality i dont know if he realises he is a rabbit?! ohhh wowo he jumped.. i wonder if its because yours are carpeted and he can get a grip on them?... im impressed he is even doing tricks lol he must be happy! i do hope that his treasure hunt subsides that he doesnt bump into too much or make your feet to hot sitting on them!!!:lol: i know you will be a great home for him so i just wanted to say thankyou for taking him :) i do however expect to see lots of piccys in the future! ;) :)

Last edited:
Well we went out today for a while as it was my b'day and now I'm feeling like I'm coming down with a cold.

Stitch has been happy as larry running about, he will only do the bottom stair, I'm having to keep close eye on him and if he tries to go up any more will get a baby gate for the mo.

As he is settling in nicely I have booked a pre op for tomorrow, am taking the others for their myxi jabs so hopefully they wont all get annoyed smelling other bunnies in the car lol. Arnie knows someone else is here, he keeps facing the wall when I go anywhere near him. :lol: He has also been really naughty, completely out of character for him. :roll:

When out today I bought yet more bunny stuff :oops: That makes: friday, saturday, monday and today :oops::oops:

He loves all his new toys but unfortunately is all pooped out now (literally). Have taken some pictures of him chilling, the other half keeps laughing at how relaxed he is here already.

Here they are for the moment and I hope to get some better ones soon:

Photo-0282.jpg

Photo-0283u-1.jpg

Photo-0284.jpg

pleased to se ehim looking happy and relaxed so soon. im glad you feel him ready for his nueter.but dont rush him(im sure you wont) make sure you do know what is normal and not for him so you can check his behaviour afterwards!! :) he looks happy anyhow i know he prefers a water bowl and he probly wont touch the water bottle daft boy and it might just be the angle of the pic but the water bottle looks a tiny bit high? and its a hamster one he does drink wuite a bit so might need a bigger one(not sure if the spouts are differnt sizes either as genrally he will prob want a bigger spout as he is a large rabbit i use the large bunny bottles. x :)x

Last edited:
pleased to se ehim looking happy and relaxed so soon. im glad you feel him ready for his nueter.but dont rush him(im sure you wont) make sure you do know what is normal and not for him so you can check his behaviour afterwards!! :) he looks happy anyhow i know he prefers a water bowl and he probly wont touch the water bottle daft boy and it might just be the angle of the pic but the water bottle looks a tiny bit high? and its a hamster one he does drink wuite a bit so might need a bigger one(not sure if the spouts are differnt sizes either as genrally he will prob want a bigger spout as he is a large rabbit i use the large bunny bottles. x :)x

He's got a ceramic water bowl in his crate but it isnt in the photo as I had just fed him in the kitchen and left the bowl of water next to his food as he likes to drink straight after he has eaten. The reason why there is a "backup" water bottle attached is because he does try to empty the water bowl (by kicking it) and it has happened at night :roll: He knows where the bottle is though, and although he isn't too impressed by it does have a few licks. It is slightly higher than I would usually put the bottle as I dont want him to poke his other eye out :roll:

Went to the vets today, he was such a good boy - They said as soon as I want to book the neuter in it is fine by them. They said that apart from his eyesight he is a lovely healthy, friendly boy. They said that his good eye practically has no vision in it what so ever as they cannot see any vessels at the back, the retina is swolen and red and he doesn't respond to light at all. Although noone can ever be 100% they seem to think that it was most likely an infection or absess in his eye(s) but obviously cant rule out tumor and we will never know without vet records I'm just hoping nothing would ever return to hurt him.

Will try and get some more pics and update once he is ready for the snip :oops:

He's got a ceramic water bowl in his crate but it isnt in the photo as I had just fed him in the kitchen and left the bowl of water next to his food as he likes to drink straight after he has eaten. The reason why there is a "backup" water bottle attached is because he does try to empty the water bowl (by kicking it) and it has happened at night :roll: He knows where the bottle is though, and although he isn't too impressed by it does have a few licks. It is slightly higher than I would usually put the bottle as I dont want him to poke his other eye out :roll:

Went to the vets today, he was such a good boy - They said as soon as I want to book the neuter in it is fine by them. They said that apart from his eyesight he is a lovely healthy, friendly boy. They said that his good eye practically has no vision in it what so ever as they cannot see any vessels at the back, the retina is swolen and red and he doesn't respond to light at all. Although noone can ever be 100% they seem to think that it was most likely an infection or absess in his eye(s) but obviously cant rule out tumor and we will never know without vet records I'm just hoping nothing would ever return to hurt him.

Will try and get some more pics and update once he is ready for the snip :oops:

his retina is swollen? i didnt think he had a lot of vision there he shouldnt have future problems with remaining eye my vet thought the white spot was the remains of an old trauma.anyhow glad he is healthy adn happy adn hope that he will remain so.

Haven't really been able to get any different pics of him yet, he seems to be lying down mostly :roll:

Although I can update on what he's been up to...

Yesterday I was cleaning his litter tray out and he decided to follow me out into the garden for the first time, he didn't venture too far but he loved it, letting the breexe blow his fur and listening to the rustle of the leaves, he didn't want to come back in :lol:

Anyway he finally made his way back into the kitchen and as he was heading back to his cage he done a half binky!! I was so pleased, he then hopped back into his nice clean cage with yummy hay and just sat there looking pleased with himself :lol:

My sister got me guitar hero for my B'day and although he cant really see what is going on he loves the music :lol: He runs right over to all the action, sits and listens with his ears moving about, then he runs about in circles, stops and listens some more then bobs his head about :lol::lol: He is so cute!

He seems to know downstairs well now, he still jumps the bottom stair but so far isn't trying anymore (which is best for now).

He is chin rubbing everything as he can smell the other two and is still pooping about the place. He has had a few wee accidents in his cage too but I'm not going to bother to attempt litter training until after the snip :oops: I'm going to see if I can get him booked in this week for the op as he seems settled enough now and we would all benefit from less poos lying around plus I think Arnie noticed Stitches smell more (or it's more dominant) as he has been a bit off :roll:

Will update as soon as I have any more news.

Back