• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it Roger & Molly no longer like Daisy??

iandb

Mama Doe
Our 3 buns have all lived together fine free range in our kitchen and playing out in the garden with out a single problem, until now.

Daisy had to go to the vets the other week and had a Bladder stone removed and when we got her back home things have been a bit tense.

First of there was a bit of a scuffle from Molly and some manic chasing around the kitchen. Because of this we put Daisy back into her crate, this was also so we could monitor her eating habits following the operation.

Saturday opened the back door and both Molly & Roger bolted out into the garden and Daisy looked on. As she needed her house cleaned I put her out so she could have a run around with the other buns. Well she certainly got that as Roger was chasing her and there were some runts from him so I'm sure it was not a playful chase. Poor old girl (10 :shock: ) not too long out of hospital and has to put up with that.

It looks as though Daisy will have to remain in her crate in the Kitchen whilst Roger & Molly are free. It also makes letting her out for a run difficult.

Is there any likely reason why Roger & Molly have changed their behaviour towards Daisy so suddenly.

Thanks
Ian

Poor Daisy - I dont know what to suggest but feel really sad for her. Hope you get it sorted x

I think sometimes bun hierarchies can be quite fragile. When Rainbow left for four days, having been top bun, on his return there were fights between him and Shadow, who'd seen his chance to be senior and had gone for it! I was reconciled to having to let them out in the pen/free-ranging in turns and did so for three days but then one broke out of the pen when I wasn't watching, and amazingly they suddenly were okay together. They haven't been friendly since but they tolerate each other, which is fine.
Sounds like maybe Daisy's trying to hang on to her previous higher (not necessarily top) status pre-op...have you tried taking them out for car journeys together? That may help...

I think sometimes bun hierarchies can be quite fragile. When Rainbow left for four days, having been top bun, on his return there were fights between him and Shadow, who'd seen his chance to be senior and had gone for it! I was reconciled to having to let them out in the pen/free-ranging in turns and did so for three days but then one broke out of the pen when I wasn't watching, and amazingly they suddenly were okay together. They haven't been friendly since but they tolerate each other, which is fine.
Sounds like maybe Daisy's trying to hang on to her previous higher (not necessarily top) status pre-op...have you tried taking them out for car journeys together? That may help...

That's the thing though, Daisy was not and never has been Top Bun and she was only gone for 2 nights.

Roger is massive compared to Daisy, and to Molly for that fact, but it has never been cause for concern.

I would think she came back smelling very different and they couldn't deal with that, plus also while she was away they developed their own territory. It might be worth trying to take them on for a car ride in the same carrier and see how they are when you come back.

I would say that even being away for 2 days has upset the balance. Maybe try rebonding them in a neutral small area :)

Back