• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eric and Ernies new shed - moving in soon (I hope)

Hello:wave:

I hope you don't mind.:oops:

I thought I would post a thread here, as well as "Housing" section, in the hope someone might be able to answer my query quicker.

I have just had this erected for Eric and Ernie.

http://www.shedstore.co.uk/itemdetl.php/itemprcd/wal106app

I need to insulate it now, but don't know if I should put the cat flaps in before insulatng or after.

It's quite urgent as I need to get them in and settled before Bonfire night!

Sorry if ths is a stupid question.

Hello
It's 10'3" x 6':shock::shock: And they will also have at least 1 run attached:)

Mind you, all their food, carry cases and toys etc will go in there too.

I just hope it's going to be o.k for them, as they have only just been re-bonded.

I will introduce them to it slowly!

Looks like my two's 'Bunningham Palace'
Mine isn't insulated :?
I just have lots of hidey holes full of hay that they burrow in, they also have a castle which they like to go in.
BUT it's pouring with rain here, absolutely pouring, rain splattering everywhere, and where do they choose to go?
On top of the hay bale right next to the mesh! :p

Thanks BirdieBun:wave:

I thought that might be the case.
We are putting polystyrene first, then bubble wrap and then plywood, so I didn't know if it would be easier to cut round just the cat flap or all 3 layers!! (if that makes sense)#

Thank you Bunny friend too - even though I say so Myself, they are gorgeous boys!!!

But I love all the rabbits on here!!!:love::love:

Hello Spider:wave:

Yours sounds fab - and it's so typical of bunnies to do the opposite of what's sensible!!!:lol::lol:

I think 've seen photos of your "Bunnngham Palace"

Can you post them again? I'd love to see them!

What a pair of very lucky bunnies!

I think you'll have to put some battens between the shed ones to give you something to attach the cat flap to on the inside. I'd do the outside hole to size now, then put the battens round it, then insulate and board it out with plywood then you can drill holes from the outside in the 4 corners so you can jigsaw a hole out of the relevant piece of plywood then fit the catflap.

Ow - my head hurts. :lol:

We insulated first. OH sez it is easier to cut through plywood/insulation when you have a template and the wood is fixed.

Thanks for replies

Your head hurts termitefrank? (mine too:lol::lol:)

I'll get my hubbie to read the advice and then.............

he'll get his dad to do it:lol::lol::lol:

Vanessa B - Yours sounds good advice too.

think I'll buy the cat flap and see what needs doing

OMG - so not a DIY expert:(:(:(

Back