• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you help Sir Parsley with his 2009 Challenge?

Oldie Bunny

Warren Scout
Sir Parsley is the fund-raising ambassador for Bobtails Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue in Ewell, Surrey. He's been travelling the world for the last four years but is now growing a bit old and worn out and is contemplating retirement. Before putting his paws up and growing carrots on his allotment, he wants to raise some more pennies for Bobtails.

SirP.jpg

So Sir Parsley’s challenge for 2009 is to be sponsored to travel in (or at least be photographed in/on/with) as many forms of transport as possible. He currently has a target list of 115 types of transport, each will be counted once only. Some of these are going to be very tough to achieve (the space shuttle for example!). Sir Parsley will do his best to do as many as possible by 31st December 2009. We will be keeping count of how well he is doing and publishing the photos on his web site www.sirparsley.co.uk.

There are three ways that you can help

• Take a photo of Sir Parsley with one of the modes of transport on his list

• Sponsor Sir Parsley a small amount for each mode of transport that he is photographed with. Perhaps 10p or £1 for each? You can set a maximum amount if you think he might go wild and get to 100!

• Suggest any type of transport that we’ve missed off the list. You don’t need to volunteer to take a photo of it but we will be glad to add it to the list.

Please pm me or email sirparsley@sirparsley.co.uk

Well snowboard isn't on the list ;) I can do that in jan and also cover the ski lift/gondola at the same time :D

Let me know if any good :wave:

YAY! Sir Parsley is coming to Las Vegas with me and my bro in November :D

Fantastic, can't wait to see the photos!

Well snowboard isn't on the list ;) I can do that in jan and also cover the ski lift/gondola at the same time :D

Let me know if any good :wave:

Sounds wonderful! Which dates are you going? Sir Parsley is going elephant riding in Sri Lanka for the last couple of weeks of January.

Oh my word!!!! I'll sponsor Sir Parsley. How about 20p per mode of transport and I'll round it up to the nearest £10 at the end of the year? Does that seem ok? XXX

it's a lovely idea...I'll have a look and see if we have any of his methods.

Does a canal boat count as a barge? My inlaws have got one (although it's a bit more of a cruiser) and I'm sure we could borrow it. Wouldn;t be till the summer though.

h ithere.. i drive trains.. the heathrow express and connect.. would he like a cab ride? i could do one in a few weeks as got exams at moment....? if yes let me know?! he could even have a trip to the depot and have a piccy there?

Does a canal boat count as a barge? My inlaws have got one (although it's a bit more of a cruiser) and I'm sure we could borrow it. Wouldn;t be till the summer though.

I don't see why we can't count both ;) I'll give you a shout next summer. You've reminded me that my SIL has a traditional barge but it's in storage miles away until the summer. Perhaps I ought to go down to the local canal and wait for interesting boats to come through the lock and see if they will agree to Sir P stepping onboard to be photographed!

h ithere.. i drive trains.. the heathrow express and connect.. would he like a cab ride? i could do one in a few weeks as got exams at moment....? if yes let me know?! he could even have a trip to the depot and have a piccy there?

Wow, yes please! We'd want you in the photo too of course :D I'll pm you with his available dates.

We have a speedboat he could have a trip on -but its winterised at the mo-will be back out again April time if not too late then?

bunlover - you could maybe take him on the underground too? -Sue:wave:

I'll sponsor Sir Parsley for 5p per mode of transport (ie if he does 100 types thats £5) -let me know when fundraising ends

Brilliant idea!! - I love his you tube too!!:D

Can we have an updated list every month to see which ones he's done please?
sorry - just saw this.:D
We will be keeping count of how well he is doing and publishing the photos on his web site www.sirparsley.co.uk.

Last edited:
Sadly I can't offer him a lift as the best I could manage is shank's pony (colloquial term for walking as a form of transport). Actually, that might be a laugh - I could do a video of Sir Parsley and my legs. :lol:

But I can suggest one missed off the list - dog sled

Or how about the Snowdon Mountain Railway which is an unusual rack an pinion line because it's such a steep climb.

Last edited:
Sadly I can't offer him a lift as the best I could manage is shank's pony (colloquial term for walking as a form of transport). Actually, that might be a laugh - I could do a video of Sir Parsley and my legs. :lol:

But I can suggest one missed off the list - dog sled

Or how about the Snowdon Mountain Railway which is an unusual rack an pinion line because it's such a steep climb.

Good thoughts! I had the Snowdon railway down as narrow gauge - just shows what I know about railways. Thanks for your help.

We have a speedboat he could have a trip on -but its winterised at the mo-will be back out again April time if not too late then?

bunlover - you could maybe take him on the underground too? -Sue:wave:

I'll sponsor Sir Parsley for 5p per mode of transport (ie if he does 100 types thats £5) -let me know when fundraising ends

Brilliant idea!! - I love his you tube too!!:D

Can we have an updated list every month to see which ones he's done please?
sorry - just saw this.:D
We will be keeping count of how well he is doing and publishing the photos on his web site www.sirparsley.co.uk.

The speedboat would be great, I'll put that on the list of things to be organised next year. Thanks too for the sponsorship, much appreciated!

Sir P has been collected from me and is off on the first bit of his quest tomorrow. As soon as I know which things have been ticked of his list, I'll put an update on here - good idea!

Back