• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel so guilty...

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Ive had to come to work and leave Charlie at home by himself. I feel horrid. He looks so lonely, Im going to have to get a new friend for him pretty soon. He is eating, drinking and pooing, but he looks so miserable.

no, they are Elaines at the rescue. I have contacted Elaine to see if she has any suitable to be his friend though.

Last edited:
Im getting ichy feet, really want to make him happy. (Dont shoot me) but I have been looking at 'breeders' It seems the quickest way to get him settled again. Esp after having so much trouble enquiring about getting a rescue bun.

Going to see one tonight after work.

Would a 12-18 month neutered male work with a 8 week old female? I was planning on keeping her in over winter as she is a house bun. Would Charlie be able to come in with her, he has been in the house a lot recently due to Princess being ill, so is rather used to it. He is a good house bun, in that he doesn't chew, and he is toilet trained, so I wouldn't have a problem with him coming in.

Finding a breeders rabbit won't make him happier quicker because ideally the bun will need to mature (and if already fully grown), need to be neutered/spayed and recovered before introduced.

If you put him with a baby there is every chance when the baby gets to adolescence they won't get on and even after spaying you might end up with two separate buns. The best idea, for Charlie, is to find al already spayed girlie to try and bond him with.

Surely Elaine as one suitable for him. As long as he his eating and drinking then that is a good sign he is coping:D

... or, failing that, maybe adopt one from Pets At Home? I know that the place isn't overly popular on here, but everytime I visit Pets At Home they always have at least two bunnies in their adoption section (oddly, always female) and I always want to bundle them up and bring them home.

It's still helping a needy bun, who is past the 'cute' stage, and therefore might not be as appealing to the general public, and will be mostly grown up?

Elaine's mostly seem to be male at the minute. I did see two female in there(P@H) the other week (I wonder if they are still there?)

Last edited:
After reading your other thread and now this one, I feel this is a wind up. What person that is a regular on here wouldn't know that saying you won't wait for a rescue and you are going to go to p@h or a breeder is going to cause a huge argument?

There isn't an excuse for going to a breeder or p@h unless you don't want to follow advice and upgrade accomodation, when you are fully aware of the plight of rescued rabbits. You seem to want everything so quickly, waiting a a short while will not harm the rabbit and may even help him to accept a new one in. You know breeders and p@h don't check, so quick rabbit, no need to improve though is there?

Not a wind up, And in the end my accommodation was not a big a problem as the way I worded it. I was already planning two more before anything happened to Princess. I really would prefer to get a rescue bunny/ies, however the only rehoming centre who has agreed to check me is a centre over 100 miles and two hours away!

Pets at home and accidental breeders have been other people suggestions, Ive even had pms suggesting it. I have constantly walked away from p@h and their adoption stock, with the image of Elaine's buns in my mind.

... or, failing that, maybe adopt one from Pets At Home? I know that the place isn't overly popular on here, but everytime I visit Pets At Home they always have at least two bunnies in their adoption section (oddly, always female) and I always want to bundle them up and bring them home.

It's still helping a needy bun, who is past the 'cute' stage, and therefore might not be as appealing to the general public, and will be mostly grown up?

If you read the other thread I have followed advice, separated the out door access and moved it all onto concrete, and taken away the metal run. I am now await the holidays so that I can construct an extention to the run and rebuild the access to the cat flap.

Last edited:
well i got my buns from a breeder (who is a friend of the family) but i don't have much choice in N.I theres only one rescue centre that keeps bunnies and it's over 50 miles away and theres a good chance their buns have come from P@H which i would never buy off. The breeder i got my buns off is really good and only breeds good quality buns (i.e she doesn't breed for showing etc.) but if you can'y find the right bun from a rescue centre what choice do you have specially if you need to find your precious friend and bunny friend. i hope you can find him a bun. :wave:

I'm shore Elaine will have that special bun for you.She seems to have loads (rexes) on her web site. Good luck anyway.

Back