• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

After neutering how long do you wait..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
before you can bond?

Ollie was neutered Friday he is to be paired up with Violet who is coming tomorrow :love: she is already spayed.

How long do i wait, am i right in thinking 6weeks?

I think the reason behind keeping them split is

1. male is still fertile
2. female would still be healing in this time

Is Violet recently neutered?

If so I would leave it the six weeks, if not then put them together in about a weeks time to give him time to heal.

I think the reason behind keeping them split is

1. male is still fertile
2. female would still be healing in this time

Is Violet recently neutered?

If so I would leave it the six weeks, if not then put them together in about a weeks time to give him time to heal.

No i dont think she is......But Jill will know?!?!!?! JILL lol!?

If the female is already neutered and done a while ago they can be paired up after a week, if he is very hormonal then stop and try in a couple of weeks time. If she is not neutered wait for 6 weeks. If she is just done wait at least 2 weeks.

I find bonding males neutered in the previousl 3 weeks easier to bond than ones who have no interest in the female flesh :oops:

my four were all neutered the same day, and i left the girls seperate from the boys for 1 week, then i could tell by all their behaviour that the hormones were calming and all the wounds looked well healed, so i put them together, they were all fine and was as aif they had never been apart, though they had all been living next to each other while seperated, well could sniff each other through the wire during the day, they seem sooooo happy to be back together, it brings a tear to my eye, watching them all sit together on their bench.

If the female is already neutered and done a while ago they can be paired up after a week, if he is very hormonal then stop and try in a couple of weeks time. If she is not neutered wait for 6 weeks. If she is just done wait at least 2 weeks.

I find bonding males neutered in the previousl 3 weeks easier to bond than ones who have no interest in the female flesh :oops:

Agree 100 %

I was waiting for your reply :oops::D

Thanks. Yes Violet is spayed.
So i will give two weeks to be safe to make sure Ollie is fully healed and go from there.

xx

Back