• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent advice on Thistle Hall.......Update Got it but Roger not happy- Help

Nic Nou 26

Warren Scout
P@H have an offer on Thistle Hall at the moment and the other half has kindly agreed to an early christmas present for me or should I say my buns, does anyone have thistle hall and would you recommend it?

I will be adapting the run I have on my current hutch so they will still have a combi as Dora will not be picked up!!!!

Any feedback would be greatly be received but I have to order it tonight if im going to!

Thanks

Nicki, Roger and Dora xx

I had Thistle Hall for my piggies.I found it very good apart from the bolts which i replaced for better ones:D

I just bought one of these from Shell on here and it is GREAT! my buns love it. Due to my set up I have had to make some adjustments to it, but it's a great size (although my buns are around 1kg and there are two in there, it wouldn't be appropriate as a full time hutch for much bigger buns) and works great for us :D

I just bought one of these from Shell on here and it is GREAT! my buns love it. Due to my set up I have had to make some adjustments to it, but it's a great size (although my buns are around 1kg and there are two in there, it wouldn't be appropriate as a full time hutch for much bigger buns) and works great for us :D

Hi!! I second that. I wouldnt use it for large buns as the hole isnt huge and mine would pull the ladder down and be stuck lol

I've got three

My lot love them all have a run attached to the front. The bolts are not great have had to replace some of them but apart from that theya are good and easy to assemble.

i have thistle hall but wish i never spent the money on it seeing as i can get a playhouse just for a little extra. but it is good apart from it lets in water and theres not much of an overhang at the front so the sawdust gets soaking wet. so you'd need to get some plastic and screw it to the top to give it more overhang.

Update

Right.... well I went ahead and got thistle hall.

It arrived yesterday and I put it together. Put buns in, Dora was happily exploring used the ramp and settled really quickly.

I actually thought to myself well if my not so laid back bunny can cope it will be a walk over with Roger........ oh how stupid of me.

At four o clock this morning I was transfering my bunnies back to their old combi because he was thumping so loudly I think he woke the entire neighbourhood. He wants nothing to do with me (except when I fed them, greedy bun!!! :lol: )

Only prob is Dora got really stroppy going back. I have got to move them soon because I do not think their old hutch will cope in the winter..

Any advice???? Please help!!!!!

Thanks

Nicki

out some of the beddign from the old hutch in there to settle him. and he will settle i think with time but you will have to be patient..maybe try him in the day in there for a bit first.

Hi, would you go for a couple of hours at a time? or all day? Dont mind being patient just dont want to push him to fast!

Back