• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little miss nameless (New rat)

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Poor thing ain't got a name yet :(

newrat003.jpg

newrat005.jpg

But aint she a beauty :love: You can see why i couldn't resist!

Aw she is gorgeous! :D

Have you named her yet?

You should call her something like, Willow, Daisy, Ivy ummm i usually can think of loads for girl rats o_O Pheobe!! i like that name for a rat lol.

Poor thing ain't got a name yet :(

newrat003.jpg

newrat005.jpg

But aint she a beauty :love: You can see why i couldn't resist!

OMG....she is the spitting image of a 'problem' rattie I have at the moment!!! He didn't put weight on and always seemed to have difficulty breathing and had problems with his back leg.

We've had him on baytril and metacam and extra good diet supplemented with Nourish-Um and he's come on a treat.....but.... he is a biter and very cage aggressive.

I'll post you a pic and you'll see what I mean about them being the spit of each other ;)

She is gorgeous btw lol xx

aw i wanna see her twin :lol:

She still hasn't got a name, and yes Daisy is lovely but unfortunately my parents named our cat Daisy.. so the rat remains unnamed. I wanted to call her Dorothy cos i love Judy garland and the wizard of oz :lol: But Dorothy doesn't seem to stick

She still hasn't got a name, and yes Daisy is lovely but unfortunately my parents named our cat Daisy.. so the rat remains unnamed. I wanted to call her Dorothy cos i love Judy garland and the wizard of oz :lol: But Dorothy doesn't seem to stick

How about Minnie? She looks like her colouring is Mink and white....so....Minnie the Mink....Instead of Minnie the Minx ;)

I like it anyway lol

Here's her twin....well....kind of lol....slightly different back markings, but you'll see why I think they're alike ;)

19thoctober2008014.jpg

Excuse the small cage he's in....it's whilst I'm attempting to bond him with my boys.....although their first meeting didn't go very well:roll:

19thoctober2008011.jpg

AWWW :love: They have the same pretty face :love: Hopefully i can get some nice photos of my girl tomorrow, didn't want to hassel her too much on her first day.

i love the name! :D Is she a mink hooded?

oh btw about her twin rattie :) Have you tried him on a mix of Baytril and Ronaxan? We had a rat with a snuffle that was difficult to shift. We gave 0.1ml of baytril on the morning then an hour later we gave an 8th of a tablet of Ronaxan, later in the evening we gave another dose of 0.1mls of baytril and an hour later gave an 8th of Ronaxan. This usual shows vast improvement in the rat within a week. It's called the baytril-doxy combo.

Ronaxan is also called doxycycline. Hope this helps :)

i love the name! :D Is she a mink hooded?

oh btw about her twin rattie :) Have you tried him on a mix of Baytril and Ronaxan? We had a rat with a snuffle that was difficult to shift. We gave 0.1ml of baytril on the morning then an hour later we gave an 8th of a tablet of Ronaxan, later in the evening we gave another dose of 0.1mls of baytril and an hour later gave an 8th of Ronaxan. This usual shows vast improvement in the rat within a week. It's called the baytril-doxy combo.

Ronaxan is also called doxycycline. Hope this helps :)

Hi, thanks for the advice...worth bearing in mind :)
His snuffles have gone now and he's putting on weight and the metacam helped with his leg.

If you've got any miracle cures to stop him biting, my fingers would be most grateful lol ;) xx

Back