• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rudy has just been to the emegency vets. U/D pooing and eating !!!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Rudy started looking uncomfortable at about 3.00 pm and I've been keeping an eye on him. He's gone from seeming intermittantly okay to shuffling about and even looking a bit shaky/panting. He hasn't been interested in food. I haven't seen him using or trying to use the litter tray. So I've just taken him to see the emergency vet.

He's had a painkiller and gut stimulant. There was nothing in particular to find (gas, blockage) but his temperature was a little down and gut sounds were quieter than they should be. I'm thinking the broccolli he had may have caused a little belly ache (hope that's all) but he's also been plucking carpet which I'm a bit worried about :?

I've given him a snugglesafe but he also has Tinks snuggling up to him, I've seen him have a drink since we got back.

I've been advised to offer him only fibrous food.

Any advice and/or vibes would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody, I'm in total panic mode :cry: Hopefully it will be something and nothing, at least he looks happer after the painkiller.

I've got plenty of vibes for Rudy :D

(Might have some more when I've had some wine and feel a bit slushy)

:wave: Thanks for the vibes everyone.

He's snuggled up to Tinks now, I'm so glad I got him the painkiller it was horrible watching him. I don't know what it cost yet but worth every penny.

:wave: Thank you so much for the vibes everyone.

He started looking well late last night and foraging around hay etc, but at 4.00 am I've just descovered pooh!

He's back to normal ... except for not eating pellets it would seem, so he may need a dental, but that's not as much to panic about as a blocked gut.

So thank you soo much for those vibes.

Oh poor Rudy. I'm glad he's perked up a bit already and hope he's soon back to his normal self. :love:

What a lot of worry. Glad he's a bit better. Rodney went like that (but he was 10 at the time), I think that a few dandelions work like magic. Don't know what is in them, but they seem to cure all sorts of things. Does he nibble the carpet? Our Minnie nibbled a bit a carpet when she was 12 weeks old and got accute gastric bloat. Terrible! Anyway, sure its nothing serious and he will be soon be back to normal. RSPCA did follow up check for Phoebe yesterday.

Back