• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Twinkle threw herself down the stairs!!!*UPDATE FRI 22/10*

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
OMG ive had the shock of my life today!! I still feel sick!

Got home from choosing my 30th birthday present ( a beautiful Hermann tortoise called Moo :love:) and got the rabbits out. Put Jess and Twink at the top of the stairs to go down (they go up and down stairs all the time and have done with no problems for two years) and for some reason known only to the beautiful lil' lady, Twinkle, she immediately threw herself down the aforementioned stairs (a full flight) without touching a stair. My o/h saw her and nearly threw up on the spot. When he got to the bottom of the stairs he was sure she'd be dead. She wasn't but clearly had smething wrong with her left back foot. An hour later, she has been X rayed and has dislocated two of her toes. It looks unbelieveable on the xray!

She now has the biggest blue dressing on her back foot and is dragging it round behind her cos its too heavy. I keep alternating between laughing because it looks so funny and crying cos it could soooo easily of been so so much worse. When my fella has found his mobile computer connection i will post piccies.

Can we have loads of 'fixing' vibes for her tootsies please? If they don't heal naturally in three weeks she'll have to have them amputated. :(

She seems comfortable enough, but she looks so miserable, it's breaking my heart! :cry:

Lisa and the buns xx

Last edited:
Oh dear me, there is nothing worse than the split second when they go :/
Flopsie decided to jump the stairs on Monday night and I swear my blood ran cold and time stopped, so I can well imagine how your OH felt.

Sending fixing vibes to her :)

Bless you and your other half!! No blesses for Twinkle for scaring the life out of you lol ;)

I hope her tootsies heal soon though....I'll give her vibes for that ;) xx

Hope your footsie is better soon lil lady :D
Piper has such a bad habit of following people up and down the stairs when the buns are roaming, I end up blocking the stairs off though because I dont think stairs and bunnys is a good mix :)

Oh lord :shock: even the thought is making me feel ill. Lots of furry feetie healing vibes. Poor girl x x x

Awww thanks everyone. She's still feling sorry for herself but is eating bits of food now and drinking ok. She's struggling getting in and out of the litter tray bless her so ill be mopping up for a couple of days I think!

I just cant believe she's ok. The vets are joking bout reserving me a chair at weekends. And possibly bringing in some sort lof loyalty card for me.

Thanks everyone for the vibes, they are really appreciated - especially be Stephen, the OH who ii swear is still shaking!

Thanks again everyone. !!

xxx:love:xxx

OMG!:shock: some bunnies will do anything to get away from you, think she had better come and live with me:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So pleased it wasn't more serious, that sounded scary!!:shock:

massive tootsie vibes, must admit it scared the hell out of me when big's first went up and down the stairs, as hes older now hes not so "im gonna charge up the stairs," just more practise his stopping skills on the laminate floor, dab hand too to stop he twists and uses his bum. :lol: but as i have two others i suspervise now as docs on his "im freeeeeeeeee" fraze and charges like he has a battery up his bom, and carrie is up and down doing her keep fit but doesnt like to be alone on the stairs

you cant watch them everysecond so dotn feel too bad hopfully she will think twice about chargeing up and down again

Back