• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent HELP needed!

clarem

Warren Scout
I had a bonded pair that I tried to make into a foursome, this didn't work and I ended up with a 3 and a 1. I put the pairs back together, one pair lives in a thistle hall the other in a shed/run. I then very successfully bonded a third bun to the pair in the shed. Both lots have taken it in turns to have free run of the garden, however, when I do this I have to lock the other lot away as they try to attack through the bars. This afternoon the group of 3 have been running in the garden when all of a sudden the two females starting attacking each other. I split them and put them back in the shed but they continued to attack each other and Jasmin now has a bite on her eyelid.

I don't know what to do now, should I remove one bun and if so which one and why would they fight like this when they have been happily bonded up till now, could one rabbit have the scent of the other pair on her. It seems to be Jasmin, my Nethie, doing the attacking although Marley, dwarf lop, is fighting back. Help!! I have nowhere to put a single bun.

It might be worth taking the trio (as in the ones in the group who have been fighting) for a car journey because that should stop them fighting and remind them that they are ok together.

There can be many reasons for this sort of thing. It might be one of the buns is ill and Jasmin sensing it, it could be the scent of the other buns or a new animal in the area. Are all your bunnies spayed/neutered?

You also need to bathe the wound (and there may be others on any of the buns so you will need to check them out, but normally they are only identified once they have scabbed over) to prevent infection because bites commonly get infected.

Yes all speyed and neutered. Jasmin is 4 and we have had her since a baby. She was originally bonded with Billy 18mth dwarf lop, then unsuccessfully with Jessie and Allsorts we got from Caroline in Eastbourne. These two are still with me together in a Thistle Hall. We then added Marley a female dwarf lop to Jasmin and Billy and they bonded really well and have been living in the shed together for about 3 weeks now. Jessie and Allsorts were out in the garden last night so their scent will be around. Would you advise buns don't have free run of the garden when there are two groups. Jasmin has a couple of nasty bites on her so I don't want to leave them together but if I take one out will the bond be broken?

Urgent HELP needed U/D still not happy bunnies

Yes a 3 and a 2. Jessie and Allsorts are the 2. Then Jasmin, Billy and Marley my 3. I can't have any more buns so don't want to split my 3 into a 2 and a 1.

Last edited:
Could you bring them inside and supervise the group tonight? If you do something to calm them all down, you might find that they are all ok again. I have some that will attack their bond mates if they smell another bun, but it normally settles when they feel safe again.

It might be worth somehow dividing up the garden so they each have half and don't go into the others territory, but equally are not out at the same time. It might not be the other buns though.

Urgent HELP needed U/D still not happy bunnies

I did the car ride thing on Sunday and all snuggled together. Then put them back into the shed and there was some chasing between Marley and Jasmin but things seemed much calmer. However, next day there was lots of fur and still fur pulling going on, I also noticed that some of the fur was billy's. This has continued and from what I can see it is now Billy and Marley doing the fur pulling with Billy even doing some chasing of Jasmin his original partner. I can't split them up without rehoming the other buns cause I just don't have any more room but don't know what to do with them and anyway who would move out? I can't understand why Billy has got involved in it all. Marley was lieing down under the kids trampoline when it all kicked off, a place all buns love to go, and I wonder if she could have been in some droppings from the other buns. When I first started I just wanted a group of 4 to live in the shed together but now I have a 2 and a 3 and no-one seems that happy, help :cry:

Back