• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Singles v pairs

i cant spend anymore time with my buns than i do cus i work full time... so my answer is no i dont spend more time with a single bun over a pair..

i did feel more guilty when i was at work and ste got a job about Alvin being alone so we got him a wife :D:D

I only have one, but with another they'd get as much as they want as Charlie lives in my bedroom anyway

Yes, I definitely spend more time with the singles.

(Says she whose only had bonded bunnies for 9 days :lol::lol:)

I feel a lot less guilty about not spending time with the pair as they have constant company and don't need me as much.

Artie and Esme love attention and it has to be me that gives them it ... for the moment anyway.

Marsha and Casper don't need as much attention as they are very happy with eachother, but i do try to spend as much as i can out there with them.

Bailey and alyssa get shared time and time on thier own with me.

xxx

I like pairs best because they have each others company. I had a house rabbit for ten years and he had the best life we could give him, but in my heart I believe that they prefer rabbit company. I always keep pairs now which is great for winter because they keep other warm, also not so bad if I am busy or we are going out.

I have always spent more time with my single fosters than with my pairs, but even so I don't think it can ever really be enough - that's why I'd always advocate single bunnies to be house bunnies...with the best will in the world, especially in winter, they're going to be on their own for 22+ hours a day, whereas at least if they are housebunnies they can interact with the general comings and goings of the household rather than only for time deliberately spent with htem.

i agree, i think a single bun is a lonley bun, unless a house bun with people around all the time... thats why i let my ex house bun have babies.. then kept them all so they a happy family now.

I spend a lot of time with Boris when I'm home,but I always feel terrible when I go away somewhere. I do really hope mum will give in soon and let me get him a wife. He doesn't want to be on his own. I can tell,because he gets so angry with me whenever I've been away. And then after a while he licks me and cuddles up with me as if to say "I love you mummy and I don't want you to leave me like that." :( It breaks my heart.

Back