• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

excel and P@H pellets

Lynne18

Warren Scout
If they are made by the same company, and are pretty much the same, shall i just buy the P@H version and save some money?:?

I had this debate but when I looked at the fibre content the P@H ones have lower fibre (and compared the other contents for that matter), so I decided to stay with Excel (despite all the problems we've been having with them).

I got Lucifer from P@H and she wouldn't touch the P@H pellets we got with her, I had to go and get her some mix the day after we got her.

I got Lucifer from P@H and she wouldn't touch the P@H pellets we got with her, I had to go and get her some mix the day after we got her.

you wil need to change them over slowly its like giving a child a box of sweets then a plate of veg... they wont eat it... needs to be changed over slowly... mixes with high fibre(unusual) are ok provided that your rabbit doesnt selectivly feed and eats a lot of hay also.

regarding pahnuggets v excel excel has a higher fibre content sois better for them. i prefer science slelect in general as its got a veryhigh fibre count tho some people find the buns dont get on so wellon it due to higher calcium...depends on bun really

you wil need to change them over slowly its like giving a child a box of sweets then a plate of veg... they wont eat it... needs to be changed over slowly... mixes with high fibre(unusual) are ok provided that your rabbit doesnt selectivly feed and eats a lot of hay also.

This was over a year ago, and I was more concerned with getting her to eat than doing it the "right" or "wrong" way.

Back