• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and Bonfire Night

mrshorsy

Warren Scout
Hi Guys
Gwen is an outdoor bun (lives in a hutch) which is usually fine but just wondering what people with outdoor buns do about bonfire night? Should I think about keeping her in on those nights?

I personally do nothing different for them because mine are not troubled. You get fireworks all year round now, so it won't be too different for them.

Does the hutch have a cover,peice of carpet that would block out some of the noise! Could put lots of hay/straw inside so she can hide!:wave:

With my previous outdoor bun I did bring him in on the nights when fire works would be going off like new years eve and bonefire night. It really does depend on whether your rabbit is bothered by fireworks.

Polly and Sybil don't seem too bothered by the fireworks, but I've put there hutch cover on now in time for the fireworks so they feel a bit more secure and it reduced the sight/sound a bit...

When they lived indoors I put duvets and all sorts over the cage and there weren't bothered at all.

Wouldnt bring them in as they have probably started getting winter coat

i really worry around 5th Nov about my buns and always go and check on them every hour or so - but they always seem oblivious!! :lol:

This year i will check on them still, but must try to be less stressed for them! :lol:

I cover mine over so they cant see the flashes of light (i think thatd bother Daisy our REW more than anybun) but on the whole when I've been out to check past years, I've been leaping out of my skin at the bangs and they've not been bothered at all! :lol:

None of mine have ever been bothered by the noise to be honest, but I do stay home and check on them regularly through the evening.:D

the trouble is these days people seem to let fireworks off regually not just nov 5th, so the buns are proberly used to it llike the sound of a lawnmower.

Back