• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is ur rabbit{s} tame to u?

Do ur rabbits stay indoors or outdoors?

• Total voters
Yep, all mine are, both inside and outside buns. they love to come over, have a fuss, hand feed, have a stroke or a cuddle, sit with me, spend time with me. And that's including my foster who was found wild. He is obviously less tame than all the others, but he has come on amazingly and comes over, hand feeds, has a stroke, he just doesn't like to be held or cuddled. Can't say I blame him though.

Yep, all mine are, both inside and outside buns. they love to come over, have a fuss, hand feed, have a stroke or a cuddle, sit with me, spend time with me. And that's including my foster who was found wild. He is obviously less tame than all the others, but he has come on amazingly and comes over, hand feeds, has a stroke, he just doesn't like to be held or cuddled. Can't say I blame him though.

ok great, my 2 rabbits are both very tame to me, they eat from my hand, & let me rub them, every morning & afternoon when me or my sister goes to feed them we just call there names & they run after us to their cage & we give them their food, they realy love me alot & I realy love them alot.

My four love attention, nose rubs, hand feeding, playing daft games,etc but like most buns they hate being picked up and held. they all have their daily health checks with no problems as part of their general petting sessions

I'm enjoying watching the poll getting more & more answers, & seeing who keeps their rabbits indoors and who keeps their rabbits outdoors.:D:):lol::wave:

I've got 2 pairs, out of each pair there is one who is more confident. Harriet is happy to have strokes and nose rubs (when she chooses), Riley will hop away. Pickle is very confident and likes to lick, doesn't really like strokes, Truffle is still quite distant and doesn't particularly like to be touched!

They're all much improved from when I first got them when they were just plain indifferent to me (Truffle was frightened of people though), at least now they know my hands aren't scary and usually bring nice things, even of they haven't all come round to strokes yet!!

I've got 2 pairs, out of each pair there is one who is more confident. Harriet is happy to have strokes and nose rubs (when she chooses), Riley will hop away. Pickle is very confident and likes to lick, doesn't really like strokes, Truffle is still quite distant and doesn't particularly like to be touched!

They're all much improved from when I first got them when they were just plain indifferent to me (Truffle was frightened of people though), at least now they know my hands aren't scary and usually bring nice things, even of they haven't all come round to strokes yet!!

Ok my one rabbit wasnt tame to me when I first got her too, she was scared of people although the other was tame, but me & my sister made her tame & now they are both very tame to us,

pearl is a very friendly girl to me and ste... if anyone else comes to the house she hides in the little house they have. she loves fuss and is forever nudging and scratching my leg for attention when im on RU.... she does thump and hide from me when i pick her up tho :cry::cry:

Alvin is as anti human as they come... he hates fuss and hides all the time... BUT he is slowly warming to us, i think this may just be food related tho... when i walk into thier room in the morning he does that circling and buzzing that he does right before he humps pearl :oops: he follows me into the kitchen to see what i will give him from the fridge usually comes from hiding under the sofa.. and some mornings im allowed to stroke his head for a few seconds to say hello after the night time... he fights till the death when i try to pick him up tho :cry: he will also hide from visitors but only if they actually enter his cage as opposed to standing in the same room...hes a very brave little man, not even scared of the hoover :D

i adore my anti human buns :love::love::love::love:

Alfie and Bubbles are outdoor bunnies. I've had Alfie the longest, so he is used to me and extremely friendly & very easy to handle. He doesn't mind being picked up at all and will happily stay in my arms for ages if I'm standing but as soon as I sit down and put him on my lap he's off. :lol:

Bubbles is still quite new to us, but gaining confidence all the time. She's friendly and loves to lick my hands & clothes. :love: She is easy to pick up if she's in the hutch but she's a bit tricky to catch if she's free ranging in the garden. :?

pearl is a very friendly girl to me and ste... if anyone else comes to the house she hides in the little house they have. she loves fuss and is forever nudging and scratching my leg for attention when im on RU.... she does thump and hide from me when i pick her up tho :cry::cry:

Alvin is as anti human as they come... he hates fuss and hides all the time... BUT he is slowly warming to us, i think this may just be food related tho... when i walk into thier room in the morning he does that circling and buzzing that he does right before he humps pearl :oops: he follows me into the kitchen to see what i will give him from the fridge usually comes from hiding under the sofa.. and some mornings im allowed to stroke his head for a few seconds to say hello after the night time... he fights till the death when i try to pick him up tho :cry: he will also hide from visitors but only if they actually enter his cage as opposed to standing in the same room...hes a very brave little man, not even scared of the hoover :D

i adore my anti human buns :love::love::love::love:

ok cute bunbuns:D

Alfie and Bubbles are outdoor bunnies. I've had Alfie the longest, so he is used to me and extremely friendly & very easy to handle. He doesn't mind being picked up at all and will happily stay in my arms for ages if I'm standing but as soon as I sit down and put him on my lap he's off. :lol:

Bubbles is still quite new to us, but gaining confidence all the time. She's friendly and loves to lick my hands & clothes. :love: She is easy to pick up if she's in the hutch but she's a bit tricky to catch if she's free ranging in the garden. :?

ah cute rabbits:)

I've had Piglet and Eeyore since they were 8 weeks old and they live in my room. They love nose rubs and climbing over me and Piglet gives me kisses every morning :D

Rubix and Sophie don't like humans much because of their past, Rubix has been passed around a lot in his life so is a worried little man. They both hate being picked up and won't let me nose rub them but they'll both bump their nose on my hand to say hello :love:

My two are. I can pick them up no problems and they come over for attention and let my stroke them.

Aroma: extremely cuddly. Will come up to you in the run and even jump on you, but she doesn't like to be held.:lol:

Zakura: will come up and beg for food, occasionally she also lets me rub her head from outside the run. Once inside the run she won't often let me touch her though.

Sasuke and the boys are all quite cuddly, Rufus most of all:D (he was always my favourite of the litter....kind of regretted that when I saw how skittish Tobi was for a period though, but he came through:lol:)

They're all outside buns for now, but change around a bit.

Zakura lived inside when I got her, from December till April-May I think... Then again the following winter. The next winter she stayed outside though, but she was indoors for a short while the second autumn after being neutered.

Sasuke's always been an outdoor rabbit, since my mom wouldn't let me keep a male rabbit indoors...last winter he still spent inside though due to getting sore paws in the autumn, and when they healed it was too cold to put him back outside.

Aroma was born an outside rabbit, but was put inside when I got her. When she was about 5-6 months I took her out since Sasuke needed her cage to recover from his sore paws, so they switched places.

Tobi and Rufus were born in a storage at school, in outdoor temperature, and have been living outside ever since. (Rufus now lives inside a shed though)

Last edited:
No lol

Not yet anyway, Flopsie is lovely and he is getting a bit better. He's still not certain of me quite yet. Despite that I spend loads of time with him just sitting, he prefers Blokey (who barely spends time with him at all!)

I have 1 house rabbit called Milly who is very tame and affectionate. She's more like a dog really as she lies at your feet and loves lots of attention.Here she is:
DSC04526.jpg

I also have 3 who are outdoors and 2 of these are very tame but the 3rd is still rather nervous .Here they are:
Bournville is very friendly although he really doesn't like to be held for too long:
He lives outside with his 2 hutchmates, but sometimes comes indoors:lol:
DSC00090.jpg

This is little Tim who loves to be held and cuddled:
DSC04178.jpg

This is Fliss, who is a bit nervous but is fine once you've got her!:lol:
DSC04121.jpg

And here they are together when I was bonding them:
DSC00177.jpg

Here they are enjoying the sunshine!
DSC04602.jpg

Back