• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When getting a new bun...

Bit difficult if the new bun is being bonded with your own, but for those that I have fostered over the years, definitely yes! I act as if every bun that arrives has coccidiosis and e.cuniculi - if the precautions I take are good enough to prevent the transmission of those, then they are probably good enough to prevent the transmission of anything else that the buns may have. And of course hopefully they don't have any of those things, and foster buns are kept totally separately from my own buns anyway, but I am extra careful for the first few weeks while I see if anything is incubating :)

yes...to an extent.

I don't allow newcomers to come into contact with, or exercise in the same area as my own buns or long term fosters for a good few weeks, but I'm not sure how possible it is to quarantine against diseases like myxi which are carried by insects.

pearl was quarentined at the rescue from about 8weeks till 6months :D:D

alvin was my first bunny so i had no others to worry about....

Back