• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick answer required please...

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Hiya :wave:

Ive been to the BOlton game this afternoon and returned to discover the o/h has forgotton to go to the shop for excel pellets for the bunnies. I have some pets at home pellets in the cupboard. Will the bunnies be ok on these tonight and in the morning until i get to the shop for excel tomorrow?

Ta xx

i was in the same situation about a month ago. they can do without it if they've got plenty of hay and veg to keep them going, or you could risk the P@H pellets.

I would leave it until tomorrow when you get some more.One day will not harm them,they will eat lots more hay:D

i was in the same situation about a month ago. they can do without it if they've got plenty of hay and veg to keep them going, or you could risk the P@H pellets.

Ta for the quick response! :D

I know they'd be fine without but i proper cant be arsed with Jess if he doesn't get his pellets. He's a grumpy g*t at the minute as it is and im not in the mood for stomping and chewing of his carpet. :lol:

I reckon for one night they'd be ok and then ill get up early in the morning and get some before i get them.

Anyone else have any advice?

Rather than change pellets keep them on a hay and veg diet until you can get the same pellets. If bunnies go into rescue and it is not known what they previously ate or have none of the food that is exaclty what most do rather than suddenly change a rabbits diet.

hi

You aren't supposed to mix food but because excell p@h are the same it wont make that much difference to be honest. Mine will only eat the p@h so yours may realise its not the real deal but you could pop a couple in. Mine are currently on a diet and only get bout 6 nuggets for tea (more than enough vets say) so just pop that in for yours and lots of hay etc theyll be ok. small amount shouldnt give belly ache poops etc.

I wouldn't feed the PAH pellets and as others have said just stick to hay and veg. they will be ok for one night.

I have a sneaky suspicion that PAH pellets might actually be made by excel, I'm sure I've studied the ingredients & nutritional breakdown before now and it's been the same. Do you still have an empty excel bag (or find a website with the details on it) and check?

I have a sneaky suspicion that PAH pellets might actually be made by excel, I'm sure I've studied the ingredients & nutritional breakdown before now and it's been the same. Do you still have an empty excel bag (or find a website with the details on it) and check?

You are correct, I compared last week and they are exactly the same and they are made for PAH by Excel, so you could feed them

You are correct, I compared last week and they are exactly the same and they are made for PAH by Excel, so you could feed them

Yey!!!! I have to admit Theo, i thought of you when i was contemplating just giving them veg and hay and thought 'oh my god, she'll be chasing me round with a big stick accusing me of starving them!'

Ha ha! I pictured what you and Kay would have said and gave them to them.

And just something else while im on the subject,

**touches wood lots and lots and lots**

since offering them more pellets and allowing them to graze, ive not had any visits to the vets...

**touches wood more and more whilst praying heavily to the Goddess of Rabbit Health**...

Ta!!!!!

Yey!!!! I have to admit Theo, i thought of you when i was contemplating just giving them veg and hay and thought 'oh my god, she'll be chasing me round with a big stick accusing me of starving them!'
Ha ha! I pictured what you and Kay would have said and gave them to them.

And just something else while im on the subject,

**touches wood lots and lots and lots**

since offering them more pellets and allowing them to graze, ive not had any visits to the vets...

**touches wood more and more whilst praying heavily to the Goddess of Rabbit Health**...

Ta!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I nearly posted that and then I thought that someone would take offence not realising the joke between us:lol:

Hiya :wave:

Ive been to the BOlton game this afternoon and returned to discover the o/h has forgotton to go to the shop for excel pellets for the bunnies. I have some pets at home pellets in the cupboard. Will the bunnies be ok on these tonight and in the morning until i get to the shop for excel tomorrow?

Ta xx

your bun need 80 to 90% hay daily. As long as they have that, pellet is not necessary for a few days. Get them some green and fruits if you have some.

Back