• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ear scratch??

AprilLynne

Warren Scout
When I was stroking William's ear this morning he jumped like it hurt, and when I looked at it, it seems to have 2 little scratches inside. They're red but not bleeding. My camera's being fixed so I can't take a photo of it, but it just looks like a scratch from his nails.

Other than keeping an eye on it to make sure it heals and doesn't get worse, what should I do? He was at the vet Tuesday for his neuter and the cleaned his ears + trimmed his nails while he was there so I'm thinking he might have gotten a jagged edge on one nail and it cut the inside of his ear a bit. He's taking metacam right now for a couple more days (for the neuter).

One of my bunnys had a little cut on her ear 2 weeks ago from a little scuffle they had i would advise you to take ya bunny to the vet cos bunnys are prone to abcesses when they get cuts or bites mine had a antibiotic jab and i was given some Baytril for her for 5 days , hope ya bunny is ok :eek:)

Could he get an abscess in his ear? William had one removed from his cheek a couple months ago... don't want to go through that again! I'll definitely call the vet today to see what they think

I called the vet and she said for now just to make sure it stays clean and to put a tiny bit of Neosporin (a triple-antibiotic creme for cuts) on the scratch... I have some Neosporin for my own cuts, so I'm going to try that and just keep an eye on his healing. Hopefully it clears up over the weekend :)

Back