• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaking Water Bottles

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
I use the standard water bottles with the ball bearing thing in them, but mine seem to be leaking loads at the moment. Does this just happen when they get old?

Only i'm not sure if to replace them with the same style, or if there are better ones on the market?

Any advice welcome :)

when you fill them up, tip them as they would beused and see if the dripping stops then put them on the cage, sometimes it just happens when you fill them up if not it may be time to change them

I use spring loaded ones. No leakage, and guaranteed water. I find with the normal sleeve and ball bearing ones, no matter how it is positioned or what i doto try and fix it, it either leaks = problem, or a vacuum sucks the ball bearing up = no water for bunny even when they sit for ages licking = big problem. I bought Tila a new bottle today because of the latter problem so h had to drink from a water bowl. In his run, no proble. But in hisutch he tips them over.

Yes, Tila and Gingersnap's bottles are glass. Not only are they more hygienic, but chew-proof! :) ;)

I got mine from Pet-Barn, which I assume is Australia's equivalent to your PAH?

didnt know you could get glass ones where from, id think they'd be so much more hygienic

I saw them in my local P@H, they're flat on the cage side & have a support around the neck of the bottle and a "dent" in the bottle for the sprung metal holder towards the top.

I have also used the "Flat-bac" water bottle from Super Pet also. They are plastic, but the ballbearing is spring loaded, so no leakage =]

The only reason Tila doesn't have his anymore is he cracked the lid chewing it. :lol: So glass/metal bottle it is.

I use the John Hopwell bottles which never leak unless hay gets into the valve. by clearing the valve they stop leaking.

Back