• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water Bottles.

Radish

Mama Doe
Hi

really sorry but have no idea what section this question needed to be in.....

what should i do for protecting my water bottles from freezing in the winter?

i'm really mean and don't want to spend money on bottle hugger thingies so was wondering what DIY possibilities there are?

i'm not actually mean but would rather spend my money on more important things my rabbits may need like health care etc so would rather make accessories wherever possible.:lol:

Hi

really sorry but have no idea what section this question needed to be in.....

what should i do for protecting my water bottles from freezing in the winter?

i'm really mean and don't want to spend money on bottle hugger thingies so was wondering what DIY possibilities there are?

i'm not actually mean but would rather spend my money on more important things my rabbits may need like health care etc so would rather make accessories wherever possible.:lol:

wrap it in a towel to insulate it a cover over the hutch is a good idea too.

I'd improvise with bubble wrap, some duct tape and maybe start with a layer of card taped into a tube so it's easy to take on and off. Or simply bubble wrap and an odd sock.

Old sock sounds like a great idea to me with the bubblewrap. If you've got some polystyrene that will work too.

I use the sock and bubble wrap idea ( I knew I would not have been the first person to think of it! although this is my first winter with outside bun's so no idea if it will work:lol:

Don't know, but a tip to clean them out is to fill them with water leave them standing up with a baby steralising tablet soaking in the bottle overnight, give a good rinse out. :D

I don't use bottles but I would imagine that a piece of the silver insulation type bubble wrap held in place with a rubber band would help.:D

Don't know, but a tip to clean them out is to fill them with water leave them standing up with a baby steralising tablet soaking in the bottle overnight, give a good rinse out. :D

or use rice... put dried rice and water adn shake it ..gets rid of any green build up(nb rinse thouroughly and dont leave any rice in there)

regarding the juice... make sure that your rabbit likes this else they may refuse to drink the water and will be come dehydrated(tho most buns enjoy it) as juice in water is meant as an occasional treat..apple or pinapple (fresh not concentrate) is ok but beware the sugar levels(natrual though they are)

Back