• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When Kitkat met Ginger

Sproggie14

Warren Scout
Two weeks ago today my darling Shadow rabbit went to the bridge leaving his bunny wife Kitkat lonely and sad. I had planned to give her a little time to grieve before adding a friend but she stopped eating so by Tuesday we had arranged to collect Ginger from Karen

091008ginger.jpg

181008ginger2.jpg

181008ginger.jpg

Not only is he criminally cute he's also a really sweet, friendly little chap. Which is a bit of a novelty for me as I've always had scared or aggressive bunnies up til now :roll: One night during intros Kitkat was a bit mean to him at which point he came and hid behind me. I picked him up and sat him on my lap and he fell asleep while I stroked the back of his neck :love:

Anyway introductions have been going well

181008wabbits3.jpg

So last night we decided to leave them together in the neutral area. So, two weeks after making a horrible discovery one Saturday morning, this morning I found this

181008wabbits.jpg

181008wabbits2.jpg

They're still working a few things out but they're getting on great and have been snuggled up together grooming each other most of the morning :D

Awww....beautiful buns :)

Loving the little white nose lol

I hope the bonding continues to go well...everything crossed xx

AAAAawwwwww I'm so pleased to se ginger happy and settled in a new home. I had been admiring him on RR for some time :love:

Kitkat and Ginger moved into the animal room together in their temporary home a couple of days ago. Yesterday I added the rabbit cage to their run to check they'd share it ok. All went well so today I had a little re-org to set things up proper for them. This is their new accommodation

231008wabs.jpg

231008wabs2.jpg

They seem to be having lots of fun in there especially with the area under the shelves to the left. I've also found the last few days that they're really bolting their pellet food down so I decided to try them with a treat ball to make it last longer and give them something to do. This is very popular as you can see

231008ginger2.jpg

231008wabs4.jpg

I couldn't work out how the ball kept ending up in the cage...seems Ginger Nut can pick it up :love:

231008ginger.jpg

Some general cuteness

231008kitkat.jpg

231008kitkat2.jpg

231008wabs3.jpg

231008kitkat3.jpg

I'd like to say they were kissing here but actually they were competing for the yoggie you can see on the left :lol:

231008kitkat4.jpg

I don't want to disrespect Shadow but I don't think I've ever seen Kitkat so happy. Kitkat has always been a rather active, norty bunny. Shadow was a quiet chap but Ginger seems quite happy to follow her lead and they've formed quite the evil double act :lol: Ginger seems to match her personality well and she seems much more confident and relaxed.

I am a very happy bunny Mummy :D

Oh Sarah I'm so pleased for you - they are both so gorgeous & looking extremely mischeivous! :lol: They look so happy together, I'm sure Shadow will be really pleased that Kitkat has fallen in love again x :love::love::love:

Back