• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded four - Trouble? HELP

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Okay some advice please.

Recently moved my bonded four to a new area, hutch/run combo, everything was fine.

They are around other rabbits but always have been, cant see them, probably smell them and hear them.

Anyways the four is two brothers and two un-related females. It appears to be the two brothers who are fur pulling and chasing from what i can see, each other, the females are fine, kind of stuck in the middle lol.

Should i make the area smaller, as they has worked successfully before with other buns, this would mean shutting them in a 5x2x2 hutch?

Any other tips? Only change has been the move obviously but that happened weeks ago, i also noticed Bella one of the females feels abit boney?! But they are getting double food, for which i have introduced another food bowl.

I have also introduced another water bottle and more beds/trays.

What would you do?

x

don't think i will be much help with the way i'm feeling about my two. but giving my too less space has worked so far. just not sure how long to keep it going now as everytime i give em more space it seems to upset them again:(
as for yours you could try it for a day and see if it makes a difference and if not then rethink. if they are much better then at least you know its the space thing that is upsetting them.

How long have they been bonded? I had quite a hard time with my three..in the end I took them to my sisters for the weekend, which is a two hour drive, and afterwards kept them in the dog crate for two weeks, maybe you have given them to much space too soon? Although as it is new place for them there is bound to be a bit of chasing and nipping? If it is just a bit of chasing I'd leave it, if it gets worse move them to a smaller space :)

How long have they been bonded? I had quite a hard time with my three..in the end I took them to my sisters for the weekend, which is a two hour drive, and afterwards kept them in the dog crate for two weeks, maybe you have given them to much space too soon? Although as it is new place for them there is bound to be a bit of chasing and nipping? If it is just a bit of chasing I'd leave it, if it gets worse move them to a smaller space :)

Thanks OH has kept an eye on them today whilst been in garden. He says a couple of scuffles.

Nothing bad.

Will shut them in hutch tomorrow whilst im around and see if it helps.

well... having got a four myself ill try n give some advice..

normally its food that sets mine off, or even something that SOUNDS like food, sounds silly but bcus they are a group they have to really be quick with food or they will miss it,so if they hear u walking past rustling a bag or something, mine start chasing each other a bit so im always very careful.

Other thing is, its probably bcus its new terratory, and hopefully they will get used to it. How do you feed them? I feed them by scattering pellets so they all get a fair share of food, pebbles is the smallest of mine and recently shes been left out a bit, so we make sure shes definatly gets food as shes pushed out alot.

Watch them when you feed them, if one is being left out a bit, then put like a cardboard box or shelter in the run and let the solo bunny eat in peace in there, we sometimes do that for pebs!

well... having got a four myself ill try n give some advice..

normally its food that sets mine off, or even something that SOUNDS like food, sounds silly but bcus they are a group they have to really be quick with food or they will miss it,so if they hear u walking past rustling a bag or something, mine start chasing each other a bit so im always very careful.

Other thing is, its probably bcus its new terratory, and hopefully they will get used to it. How do you feed them? I feed them by scattering pellets so they all get a fair share of food, pebbles is the smallest of mine and recently shes been left out a bit, so we make sure shes definatly gets food as shes pushed out alot.

Watch them when you feed them, if one is being left out a bit, then put like a cardboard box or shelter in the run and let the solo bunny eat in peace in there, we sometimes do that for pebs!

Its not when food is around thats just it. Well i mean when i feed them there okay, they all eat together, then it will dawn on one of the males the other is there so they will chase...

I have fed with two bowls today and they were okay.

It seems to be when one goes near the other.
The girls are just sitting together out of the way.

xx

Back