• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neuter recovery advice PLEASE!!!!!

Clairabow

Warren Scout
Hi my two lille girlies have been spayed today. I couldnt collect them until later as they are so small vet wanted to keep them longer. Anyhow they are now home and we have had a little ordeal. Both are pooping fine. They were starting to lick their stitches so i tried to put the cone on Jane's head and she flipped out started going crazy headbutting Doris so we had to take it off her. We have now made little jumpers out of socks and put them on them :shock:, i tempted them with food but they werent havig any of it so i decided to let them rest as i felt we had disturbed them enough. I have now tried to tempt them with pellets, hay (2 types) and fresh mint but they just keep nudging the bowl/my hand away. I am wanting to try and syringe feed them with recovery food but am not sure if it is too early. Can anybody help????

:wave: For tonight I would just keep them warm (they need to be indoors for the next few days if they are usually outdoor buns) and give them a bowl of water (poorly buns find it easier to drink from a bowl and it helps to flush the anaesthetic out) and plenty of tasty food to tempt them, and just let them rest. If they aren't eating at all by tomorrow morning I would ring the vets but for now I wouldn't force them.

Thanx i have bought a dog cage and they have slept in the conservatory for the past two nights. I have separated them by halfing the cage with some cardboard as Jane was trying to get doris' jumper off her little monkey!!! I have just mixed some recovery food and put it in their cage but neither are at all bothered by it Jane has just ate one tiny piece of hay so hopefully thats a start Doris is still lying wrapped in her towel. Poor littel babies.

Back