• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need to talk.....

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
Okay i'm a bit worried about my buns, it's nothing health related just them growing up sort of questions.
Ted my lionhead is starting her fluffy skirt as i call it but she is also starting to get sort hair round her head. will it all disappear? i don't it too i love her being fluffy and brushing it. will she always keep her mane at least?
Petal got spayed over two weeks ago but either she's still healing or something else cos she's not as fun as what she used to be. ted is getting done monday week and although she bites she is great fun and plays with all her toys, will she lose this sparkle when she's done, i don't her to be really soppy either. petal has talking to sleeping beside me on the sofa and although cute i miss her entertaining jumps and her crazy runs. am i just being a worried bunmum? :(

Lionheads can lose their mane and skirt, but equally they may not. It depends on the buns parents and genetics.

It is a huge adjustment, a spay, so give her time. It is possible she is having some pain or problems though. Has she had a post op check?

As bunnies get older they generally tend to get less active, so what you are experiencing is normal, even if you don't like it, with Ted. Sorry. Hopefully after her op she will be ok and come out the other side ok too :)

yeah petal has had her check and vet said she was doing great. hopefully she does pick up, it is really sweet do love seeing the running about and acting like ejits. i've seen teds parents and they both weren't very fluffy but ted was really fluffy when i got her. hopefully she doesn't lose her wee mane. :roll: *sigh*

My lionhead has been growing his mane from birth - its quite a style now and no sign of him losing it.

Agree that two weeks is a short time after an op for a bun to be back on top form - my bunnies are all mental and play a lot... so neutering doesnt affect their personality in a bad way.

i now it's the best thing for them and plus it'll hopefully discourage ted from nipping me but i just don't want them to lose their wee sparkle. ok so hopefully ted won't lose her mane, the hair round her face is getting shorter i noticed last night. she's so beautiful the way she is. so glossy, i keep asking her what conditioner she uses she keeps saying it's a secret. will probably need some help with bonding in a couple of months not looking forward to that specially what happened the last time. thanks for your help.

Back